First potential tarantula

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wouldn't say all newbies should avoid Avics, but most should. There's been thousands of Avics that have died in moist stuffy cages. Yes, it's avoidable, but it requires the keeper has a feel for the range of acceptable cage conditions (moisture/humidity/ventilation) and for most people that takes a little time. This genus has such alert and intelligent species, it's a shame that so many died horrible deaths in captivity.
Yeah, you're right. It's incredibly frustrating to see spiders die because their owners simply didn't take the time to prepare.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
Well thats what I am going to do. Now is there any places where I can find slings for low prices?
Avoid backwater reptiles and lllreptile like the plague.

Stick with dealers who specialize in tarantulas only.
My frequents are:
Swift inverts
JRs inverts
Kenthebugguy
Jaimiestarantulas
Petcenterusa
(Note that Paul Becker from petcenterusa has been involved in suspected illegal activities in the past, so you can formulate your own decision on whether you want to do business with him. Legal issues aside he's one of the biggest dealers out there with rock bottom prices)

And of course the best option of all, the classifieds section. I've gotten probably 2/3 of my collection for probably half the price that I would have paid at a large online dealer.
If there is a reptile expo near you those are also hands down the. Cheapest place to buy ts

Lessej

Arachnopeon
Hi Kevin,

I only have one T right now and I went with the Grammostola pulchripes (Chaco Golden Knee). I did quite a bit of research and found that species to be a good fit for me and it might be a good fit for you as well. Right now my little sling is only about one inch in size and very easy to care for. Thanks!