First Pokie

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
The reason I was mad by it was because I had happened to already buy the spider.

Last edited:

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
I'd add that OBTs are often some of the cheapest (yet most attractive) tarantulas at pet stores and owners with minimal knowledge (like OP) might jump at the chance to get one when given the advice to go with low prices...
I don’t really like OBTs(orange bitty thing) I’m probably more likely to get bit by an OBT then a Pokie

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I don’t really like OBTs(orange bitty thing) I’m probably more likely to get bit by an OBT then a Pokie
If you keep a level head and listen to advice, you will probably never get bit. Maybe people here are 30 years plus in the hobby and never gotten bit.

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
If you keep a level head and listen to advice, you will probably never get bit. Maybe people here are 30 years plus in the hobby and never gotten bit.
I mean I even used tongs on a tarantula that was very handleable

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
I am man. I do wish the best but this decision is against the most experienced of keepers on this website. I really hope you end up safe, the spider as well.
If I feel unsafe with it, I might just give it back to the pet store and choose something else.

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
Just try to provide the most optimal home. T's will respond aggressively if stressed (such as poor husbandry).
I’m pretty good with enclosures

There is an old enclosure I made for a P. Cambridgei

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
I mean I even used tongs on a tarantula that was very handleable
Wow, you really do have no concept of how to properly care for a tarantula, or you're a troll (or both)

Handling kills Tarantulas, there have been dozens (hundreds) of threads reporting/discussing this on this forum.

All I have to say is this to the OP. You are asking for personal experience regarding owning a specific Species. You described yourself as being fairly inexperienced with dealing with Pokie. Therefore responses suggest you and get more time in with rehousing and dealing with maybe a calmer species before jumping in to something that may be outside your skillset.

Instead listening, you essentially say "DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO! Im getting it anyways". So what is the point of asking for thoughts and opinions about getting one if the advice will just be ignored?
Well said. 100% agreed.

TL/DR

OP asked for advice on getting a pokie.

Rightly, members replied it wasn't a good idea.

OP's not happy with the replies so the toys are out of the pram.

Rinse repeat for upcoming threads like this.
Yep... Every week....

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
Wow, you really do have no concept of how to properly care for a tarantula, or you're a troll (or both)

Handling kills Tarantulas, there have been dozens (hundreds) of threads reporting/discussing this on this forum.

Well said. 100% agreed.

Yep... Every week....
It was my first tarantula and I only took it out every 4 or so months and I knew it could kill it so don’t be like you don’t know how to keep. If you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say it

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
It was my first tarantula and I only took it out every 4 or so months and I knew it could kill it so don’t be like you don’t know how to keep. If you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say it
Look, you don't get to ask for advice and then get pissy when people advise you not to do something. If you want blind encouragement, go to a forum where people don't care about the well-being of tarantulas.

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
Look, you don't get to ask for advice and then get pissy when people advise you not to do something. If you want blind encouragement, go to a forum where people don't care about the well-being of tarantulas.
This was over a year ago and he had a parasite. So you don’t need to be rude and it was my first tarantula I won’t ever do it again. No need to be rude

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
All of this says you aren't ready for a Poecilotheria.

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
All of this says you aren't ready for a Poecilotheria.
You know what moricollins if you don’t want me to have the pokie then I’m going to get it anyway the only thing you guys recommended was to not get it or to get a huntsman spider no other tarantula suggestions so oh well it’s my choice anyway.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
You know what moricollins if you don’t want me to have the pokie then I’m going to get it anyway the only thing you guys recommended was to not get it or to get a huntsman spider no other tarantula suggestions so oh well it’s my choice anyway.
That's a very mature attitude. "People say I shouldn't so I'm going to do it!"

I feel bad for the tarantula you're going to buy.

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
That's a very mature attitude. "People say I shouldn't so I'm going to do it!"

I feel bad for the tarantula you're going to buy.
I already bought it and to late I’ve taken wonderful care of my last tarantula so how about you go find another thread where they actually appreciate your help

Status
Not open for further replies.