First OBT sling comin this week!

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I will be receiving my first P murinus 1/2" sling this week and I'm pretty stoked {D at this size, are they still fast little demons? If so, what would be the most effective way of transferring him/her into their new enclosure? I've heard vaseline around the sides of a large tub would keep it from darting away. Then again, it is only 1/2". Opinions? :?

jt39565

Arachnoknight
I would suggest putting the vial it comes in into its new home and allowing it to come out on its own, of course its new home may not be big enough to allow that, in that case take someone elses advise and forget mine.
Good luck with your new T I just love my 3 !

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Bag method... Use a large, flexible plastic bag (like the ones the pet stores put big fish in). Put container with T inside down in the bag. Close bag, or hold top shut loosely with hand. Open vial. When spider comes out of vial, it will be in the bag... Let it go into corner, gently block it off in corner. Remove old home, then persuade spider into new one. It takes some work, but it can be done. Practice juggling things around be trying it with a marble. I now use it on anything under 2" or speedy.

Marga

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would suggest putting the vial it comes in into its new home and allowing it to come out on its own, of course its new home may not be big enough to allow that, in that case take someone elses advise and forget mine.
Good luck with your new T I just love my 3 !
Well if the vial is small enough, i will definitely take your advice :D
Thanks! You have 3 OBTs?

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im getting a OBT some time next week, excited to see what happens once it does get here. Speed? Aggression? Unconquerable? It shall be interesting.

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I have three OBT slings myself, raised from .5" to their present 1+ over the last 7 months. Two skitter down their web-funnels when I open their cubes. The third comes to the top and is starting to tong-feed.

Fast - YES! Fascinating - YES!

Marga

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bag method... Use a large, flexible plastic bag (like the ones the pet stores put big fish in). Put container with T inside down in the bag. Close bag, or hold top shut loosely with hand. Open vial. When spider comes out of vial, it will be in the bag... Let it go into corner, gently block it off in corner. Remove old home, then persuade spider into new one. It takes some work, but it can be done. Practice juggling things around be trying it with a marble. I now use it on anything under 2" or speedy.

Marga
Hmm, I've never thought of that! I'll try that method as well {D i'm goin to the LPS over here tomorrow to get more crickets so i'll just use the plastic bag they come in, thanks for the help :)

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

Im getting a OBT some time next week, excited to see what happens once it does get here. Speed? Aggression? Unconquerable? It shall be interesting.
Same, i can't wait to see all the little web tunnels it makes! I've seen various handling videos of OBTs on youtube so the aggression part may be more territorial :? But no doubt about their speed xD

I have three OBT slings myself, raised from .5" to their present 1+ over the last 7 months. Two skitter down their web-funnels when I open their cubes. The third comes to the top and is starting to tong-feed.

Fast - YES! Fascinating - YES!

Marga
Dang, hopefully you get a female or 2 out of those!
As far as videos of Ts go, the most interesting ones I've watched are of OBTs. Web structure, catching prey, and their overall speed is mind boggling lolz
I hope my little guy makes the tripp

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, some people say once you get OBT away from there familiar territory they become docile...idk if i will put enough faith in someone else's words to try it...idk if i feel like getting bit.

jt39565

Arachnoknight
"You have 3 OBTs?"

I do & luv them lots, hoping to get a breeding pair out of them! Will also be collecting more from this Genus too, just luv their "swagger"

THIS IS MY 100th POST!!!! YAY ME !!!!

Mammothdog

Arachnopeon
I want to get a OBT but there so fast and I will admit I have the reflexes of a 32yr old cat. -_-

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
"You have 3 OBTs?"

I do & luv them lots, hoping to get a breeding pair out of them! Will also be collecting more from this Genus too, just luv their "swagger"

LOL yeah their "swagger" is what draws me to them.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
People keep giving me OBT's... I can't seem to get rid of them! I'm keeping the two juvies I have now... One's a little more mellow than the average OBT, and the other is... bloody insane.

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, some people say once you get OBT away from there familiar territory they become docile...idk if i will put enough faith in someone else's words to try it...idk if i feel like getting bit.
You just gotta give them an immense amount of respect. I have a p cancerides that does the same thing, territorial in the burrow but just lays on your hand once you get it out :p

"You have 3 OBTs?"

Yea i was thinking of breeding OBTs as my first breedding pairs! Most definitely, Togo starburst have crazy swagger :p

I now use it on anything under 2" or speedy.
This'll come in handy tomorrow :p on its way from cali!

People keep giving me OBT's... I can't seem to get rid of them! I'm keeping the two juvies I have now... One's a little more mellow than the average OBT, and the other is... bloody insane.
I love orange and tarantulas so they're one of my favs :} for me, the more the marrier! I just need more supplies {D

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
Dr Acula-
Is your name taken from the Mitch Hedburg joke? If so, thumbs up. Best comedian ever next to George Carlin.

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

Marga
I just got my OBT sling and the bag method worked out perfectly :D thanks for the tip!

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
at this size, are they still fast little demons?
Ummm.... yes!

Oops, posted before I read the whole thread... Congrats on your new sling! I will definitely keep that bag method in mind for future reference.