First molt in my care

8legsletsbefriends

Arachnopeon
Hey guys , hope everyone and there T's are well. My little B.Albo molted yesterday , first time either of my T's have molted in my care :embarrassed::embarrassed:. The T has been sat with the molt since yesterday afternoon , i was reading online if the T is with the molt to just leave for a while. I don't want to have to move her because i know she will still be soft , but is there a time limit the old exoskeleton can be left in?

Thanks in advance everyone :)

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
Usually nothing happens with the exo. It can attract mold but for a molt of a little sling I wouldn't be to worried. Just remove it when you see the T is in its hide.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You can take the old exuvium out whenever if it's easily accessible. There is no time limit or rule that you need to abide by.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Usually nothing happens with the exo. It can attract mold but for a molt of a little sling I wouldn't be to worried. Just remove it when you see the T is in its hide.
I've never once seen an exuvia mold, even in my most humid enclosures. Many burrowing species keep them underground - you'll never see the exuvia.

Leave it in there forever, if you want. The spider won't care. With a NW terrestrial, there's a good chance it'll dispose of the exuvia into the water dish eventually.

Ok thanks guys :) , puts my mind at rest i was worried i might have to move her to get it
Never move a freshly molted tarantula. Wait for it to give you the exuvia, don't take it before then.