First molt <3!

Aurri

Arachnopeon
So it's finally happened! My rosie, Lamarr, over a course of some very weird behavior has finally decided to start her molt and give me an early Christmas present! It was so scary at first because she stopped eating but didn't show any other sign of a molt. Then, though very very small I noticed a tiny 'dark' patch on her abdomen and a slight swelling of her abdomen... Which I thought was from her taking some sort of a fall in her enclosure. It wasn't until I noticed her moving dirt around to make a patch of web that I realized I was a moron. So it started at maybe, 10pm? and it is now 8:00am and she's still getting everything right so I'm thinking I won't sleep tonight either. I can't wait, I can't honestly remember being so anxious for something! So, while I wait in absolute excitement, I have to ask, How was your first molt? Hopefully, it was just as much of huge, massive, super, ultra, amazing happy fest as it has been for me! Hurray! *explodes*

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So, while I wait in absolute excitement, I have to ask, How was your first molt? Hopefully, it was just as much of huge, massive, super, ultra, amazing happy fest as it has been for me! Hurray! *explodes*
Yo Aurri - yes, the first molt is the event-of-events - although I didn't actually get to witness one until many molts later ... it was AWESOME!!! And, for me anyway, the molting process has not lost any of it's fascination (as you'll see from my next thread ...).

Get your camera ready - if you're lucky enough to be there when it happens (as I was last night, but not camera ready - check out my next thread) you're going to want to record it, and we're going to want to see it! There's an expression oft seen on this forum ... "Pics or it didn't happen!" :D