First Mature Male

PrimalTaunt

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I feel very stupid right now. My P. irminia molted on 9/15 and I literally just noticed that it was a MM. Never looked close enough under the legs until just now when I saw him out for a stroll. :wall:

If situations were better, I'd be strolling the classifieds for a MF right now but sadly I find myself in a living situation where breeding would just plain be irresponsible. So I've decided to try to ship him off to someone so he can do what he's designed for (If interested let me know - we can work something out.) But that posses a bit of a problem because I've never shipped anything and the weather is starting to seriously cool down. Heck, I've only ever received one shipment of slings before so I don't even have much experience in that to base it on.

So now it's off to do some studying before posting in the classifieds section on how to ship. This really was more of a vent of my stupidity but thanks for reading. Any advice is gladly accepted though.

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I feel very stupid right now. My P. irminia molted on 9/15 and I literally just noticed that it was a MM. Never looked close enough under the legs until just now when I saw him out for a stroll. :wall
I've done that before. It happens don't stress, Best of luck finding him a date.

PrimalTaunt

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've done that before. It happens don't stress, Best of luck finding him a date.
Thanks, I have a feeler out to a local person who has a flyer in my LPS advertising tarantulas for sale otherwise it'll be going to somebody on these boards.

I remember watching a few of robc's videos where he's either unpacking or packing packages, here's a few that I found that could be of interest to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3cKX6y1NhI General packing instructions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZcBGuWN-I4#t=3m15s How to include heating pads (I skipped the first part of the video where he's showing how to pack slings)

Good luck!
Yeah, I've seen them before but it's always easier to watch something than to actually do it.

PrimalTaunt

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, looks like he'll probably be making a trip further than I'm willing to drive. Any advice on where to pick up a cheap heating pack?

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Don't get any old heat pack. Apparently those heatpacks specifically designed for shipping live animals are the way to go. I used uniheat.

PrimalTaunt

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Don't get any old heat pack. Apparently those heatpacks specifically designed for shipping live animals are the way to go. I used uniheat.
Oh yeah, not going to risk going any other way. Contacted a few pet stores around here including a specialty exotic store but was unable to find any that sell them so online ordering it is.

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had the same problem recently...
One of my Phlogiellus Inermis molted into an MM, and I couldn't even tell because these things only get to about 2".
Luckily, I'm in a country where there are plentiful of them.

PrimalTaunt

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, it's been shipped out so now I can only sit and wait with crossed fingers. Thank you all again for helping!