First instar husbandary

Baboon king

Arachnopeon
My p regalis ewl’s have moulted into first instar/nymph 1 could someone enlighten me to the husbandary required?

can I move them?
Can I put them on substrate?
Can the be removed from the incubator?
Can they survive lower temps outside the incubator?
How long till the harden up?

thank you for your help.
regards
Baboon.

Attachments

Last edited:

8 legged

Arachnoprince
...just normal sling-care, the same as second or third instar.
The possibility of mortality is just slightly higher.
They can / must be removed.
subtrate? of course!
What means lower temps? They need the same temps as every spider.
Harden up after some hours, you can feed them 24h after the moult.

Baboon king

Arachnopeon
In regards to temperatures I mean can I take them out the incubator into a larger container with substrate into the ambient room temp which is around 80f/27celcius.

Baboon king

Arachnopeon
Personally I'd have looked this up before breeding the spider.
Funny that I did and there’s not a lot of information for the questions I’ve asked and on top of that the answers I could find were vague.
So I have tried but thought my last resort would be to ask someone with a bit of knowledge so we can keep the hobby alive and make less mistakes since importing and exporting has become a problem due to brexit.

jay444

Arachnosquire
Funny that I did and there’s not a lot of information for the questions I’ve asked and on top of that the answers I could find were vague.
So I have tried but thought my last resort would be to ask someone with a bit of knowledge so we can keep the hobby alive and make less mistakes since importing and exporting has become a problem due to brexit.
I would strongly recommend you to read/buy the book Tarantulas - Breeding Experience & Wildlife By Cléton, Sigwalt & Verdez. IMO, this book has great info on alot of species and is a must have for any serious breeders.

Baboon king

Arachnopeon
I would strongly recommend you to read/buy the book Tarantulas - Breeding Experience & Wildlife By Cléton, Sigwalt & Verdez. IMO, this book has great info on alot of species and is a must have for any serious breeders.
I’ll definitely look into it thank you.

Sterls

Arachnobaron
My apologies - P regalis being so frequently bred I assumed there was extensive info covering anything you could need. Should have checked before I commented, my bad! Hope you get answers to your questions.

Curious, any particular reason you're trying to pull and house them so early?

cold blood

Staff member
In regards to temperatures I mean can I take them out the incubator into a larger container with substrate into the ambient room temp which is around 80f/27celcius.
first instar still need to be incubated...they wont eat till after next molt.

There really isnt a point incubating where higher temps,are required.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
first instar still need to be incubated...they wont eat till after next molt.

There really isnt a point incubating where higher temps,are required.
Isn´t the first instar not the first nymph-stadium (in germany it is before first FH - Fresshaut or L1 or N1)?

Marlana

Arachnoknight
This is a really hard book to find, at least in the US. I’ve been looking for awhile. I think it’s out of print.

jay444

Arachnosquire
This is a really hard book to find, at least in the US. I’ve been looking for awhile. I think it’s out of print.
It was not easy to find in Canada either. I know they have it in stock at Tarantula Canada at the time I'm typing this if you're willing to pay for extra shipping.

cold blood

Staff member
in the US;
egg, EWL, 1i, 2i

In Europe the 1i is referred to as nymph, as a result what we call 2i, they will then call 1i.