first feeding from my curse in a blessingšŸ‘¹. H.pulchripes

yrod6753

Arachnopeon
Here is my H.pulchripes first feeding, very fast feeding response and can have a lot of aggression even when youā€™re not paying attention to them šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚. How is OBT? Do they act alike since these are both baboons? Are videos allowed to be uploaded here ?

Attachments

magouilles

Arachnoknight
My OBT tends to be super fast when catching a prey but she's not as defensive (except when rehousing) as people tend to say
Mine just retreats to her hiding spot if disturbed
but yes baboons being OWs tend to be more defensive

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
H pulchripes are like the g roseas of old worlds a lot of times. The majority of them will be much easier to rehouse and such than your typical P. murinus, but temperaments vary wildly. And P. murinus doesnā€™t really live up to its reputation for being ā€œevilā€ if kept correctly, although comparing the two, ON AVERAGE, Iā€™d say youā€™d have a smoother time with an H. pulchripes.

Edit: scratch that, Iā€™ve heard of some spunky G. roseas šŸ¤£

yrod6753

Arachnopeon
H pulchripes are like the g roseas of old worlds a lot of times. The majority of them will be much easier to rehouse and such than your typical P. murinus, but temperaments vary wildly. And P. murinus doesnā€™t really live up to its reputation for being ā€œevilā€ if kept correctly, although comparing the two, ON AVERAGE, Iā€™d say youā€™d have a smoother time with an H. pulchripes.

Definitely has some character to it, I got a threat posture while it was eating. I have a question also ,Since this species likes to dig.. and this cage really isnā€™t ideal for digging, I have ZooMed arboreal tank I think will be good. I will fill up more and add the same from itā€™s old enclosure. Will this be a good move? Also someone told me add substrate to the current enclosure I have it and I did. Is that the right amount or should I add more ? Actually those were 2 questions sorry šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚.

Attachments

yrod6753

Arachnopeon

Been trying to really get into arboreal old world that web quite a bit, Iā€™m either gonna chose between C.fiambratus, P.Irminia, Or OBT. But that sounds exciting, do you have any C.versicolor?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Definitely has some character to it, I got a threat posture while it was eating. I have a question also ,Since this species likes to dig.. and this cage really isnā€™t ideal for digging, I have ZooMed arboreal tank I think will be good. I will fill up more and add the same from itā€™s old enclosure. Will this be a good move? Also someone told me add substrate to the current enclosure I have it and I did. Is that the right amount or should I add more ? Actually those were 2 questions sorry šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚.
put arboreal tanks on their back, not upright for terrestrials.

also irminia are not OW

OBT not arboreal

yrod6753

Arachnopeon

also irminia are not OW

OBT not arboreal
It was a statement itself, I wasnā€™t stating those were. And how will I will feed if itā€™s on the side? I seen some people do it and kept the enclosure upright. If Iā€™m gonna keep it upright, I should keep it in the enclosure it has now. Also can you go look on my last post I added substrate to the current enclosure.

yrod6753

Arachnopeon

also irminia are not OW

OBT not arboreal
And arenā€™t OBT semi arboreal? You can keep them in that setup if they have the ideal stuff it would need in a terrestrial.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
And arenā€™t OBT semi arboreal? You can keep them in that setup if they have the ideal stuff it would need in a terrestrial.
They are fossorial but if they're not housed with enough substrate to create a deep burrow, they'll web everything up.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Hmmm interesting. Thank you for the clarification. Do you have any?
I had a mature male that died a few weeks ago. I really enjoyed keeping this species. When kept in the right setup they're a lot less aggressive than people make them out to be.

magouilles

Arachnoknight
I had a mature male that died a few weeks ago. I really enjoyed keeping this species. When kept in the right setup they're a lot less aggressive than people make them out to be.
I also second that
if they have a good hide with enough substrate, they tend to be more on the skittish side and go hide if disturbed

magouilles

Arachnoknight
Been trying to really get into arboreal old world that web quite a bit, Iā€™m either gonna chose between C.fiambratus, P.Irminia, Or OBT. But that sounds exciting, do you have any C.versicolor?
I have a C.versi and she webs up a bit but not the entire enclosure she makes a cocoon of web like most arboreal
also good luck with a Chilobrachys they are very VERY bolty from what I know (obvi depends on the spood itself)
only genus I have no interest in keeping myself because they're stupid fast and love to make a run for it
wouldn't recommend for any beginner I myself keep OWs but definitely not ready for that genus (ever lmao)

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Baboons as a genus / phyla are very fast as slings. They can bolt pretty quickly so always be wary. Feed them in a secure area (like a tub) because they can fly out of their enclosure chasing prey.

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
I have all of the mentioned species besides P. murinus. Donā€™t pick up an old world arboreal right now. Please. Grab an avicularia species or C. versicolor. Maybe a Psalmopoeus cambridgei. I keep 5 species of Psalmopoeus and the cambridgei are the most manageable out of mine.

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
I have a C.versi and she webs up a bit but not the entire enclosure she makes a cocoon of web like most arboreal
also good luck with a Chilobrachys they are very VERY bolty from what I know (obvi depends on the spood itself)
only genus I have no interest in keeping myself because they're stupid fast and love to make a run for it
wouldn't recommend for any beginner I myself keep OWs but definitely not ready for that genus (ever lmao)
I keep 3 different Chilobrachys. Theyā€™re really not bad at all. They just burrow and you almost never see them. Except their feet.
Edit: that doesnā€™t mean Iā€™d tell someone with 1 or 2 spiders to get one. They can be bolty but for someone who already keeps old worlds I think youā€™d be surprised how much you may be overestimating their temperament. Theyā€™re demonized a bit, like the OBT.

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
I have all of the mentioned species besides P. murinus. Donā€™t pick up an old world arboreal right now. Please. Grab an avicularia species or C. versicolor. Maybe a Psalmopoeus cambridgei. I keep 5 species of Psalmopoeus and the cambridgei are the most manageable out of mine.
My cambridgei is easier to care for than my avic

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
My cambridgei is easy to care for than my avic
Yeah I love the cams. They just donā€™t web as much as the avics and are more reclusive. Thatā€™s why I think they might like the versi or an avic. They do get more visible with age from what Iā€™ve seen though. Psalmopoeus is probably my favorite genus.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It was a statement itself, I wasnā€™t stating those were. And how will I will feed if itā€™s on the side? I seen some people do it and kept the enclosure upright. If Iā€™m gonna keep it upright, I should keep it in the enclosure it has now. Also can you go look on my last post I added substrate to the current enclosure.
The door would open to the ceiling, at least with ExoTerra it does. All the arboreal setups I've seen from companies have front opening door.