First Expo as a Dealer

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Pictures from today's expo, for those that care. Myself, @Blue Jaye, and @Travis21v4 did pretty well. The expo was unfortunately flooded with bird and snake people - Jen was the only one selling tarantulas at all. Regardless, we were all profitable and we made a contact to sell our tarantulas/roaches to a local shop owner. I'd say that was a successful endeavor!

Where the magic happened:
imagejpeg_3.jpg

The shop keepers:
imagejpeg_1.jpg

The muscle:
imagejpeg_2.jpg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That there is a fine banner @EulersK . Ryan is a rock star!!!! He's made an awesome banner for us. He's pretty much taken care of everything. I just have to show up with tarantulas and food lol. I am truly great full for all your efforts Ryan. Looking forward to the expo this weekend!!!!
Curious, why is the insignia JBT, and not BJT ??

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Curious, why is the insignia JBT, and not BJT ??
Because I couldn't link the B and J together in that order, unfortunately. The only thing I could make work was to write the B backwards, which looked tacky to me.

I'm going to be making another banner eventually, I'll take another swing at both of our logos. And really, the gradient looks better? The printer had a hard time with making it look decent, so I could wrestle with it if need be. But I also thought it looked tacky even had it turned out.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Looking good! Congrats on a succesful day!
As for the banner; the white line separates both your businesses optically, the gradient shows a co-op. :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Because I couldn't link the B and J together in that order, unfortunately. The only thing I could make work was to write the B backwards, which looked tacky to me.

I'm going to be making another banner eventually, I'll take another swing at both of our logos. And really, the gradient looks better? The printer had a hard time with making it look decent, so I could wrestle with it if need be. But I also thought it looked tacky even had it turned out.

You could make a B J, w/the bottom of the J going through the middle of the B, and then hooking out a bit past the back of the B (back beaning vertical line in the B). The J would be somewhat superscripted of course, just not smaller in size like an exponent.

Yeah I like gradients a lot.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
You could make a B J, w/the bottom of the J going through the middle of the B, and then hooking out a bit past the back of the B (back beaning vertical line in the B). The J would be somewhat superscripted of course, just not smaller in size like an exponent.

Yeah I like gradients a lot.
I actually did mess with a design like that. I also put the T directly on the J how you described. It all fit together nicely, but it was hard to differentiate between the letters. Just looked like a blob of letters. Although, I could do what you proposed and just write "Tarantulas" beneath it like I ended up doing anyway.

I dunno. We'll see what happens, I have to remake my logo as well anyway.

Kayis

Arachnopeon
Glad to hear you two turned a profit. Last time I went to one of their expos it was almost a complete waste of time. They had nothing but bird vendors and like three small reptile tables. I ended up fleecing a vendor for two ghi ball pythons because dude just wanted to cover table cost haha. :troll:

Travis21v4

Arachnopeon
Pictures from today's expo, for those that care. Myself, @Blue Jaye, and @Travis21v4 did pretty well. The expo was unfortunately flooded with bird and snake people - Jen was the only one selling tarantulas at all. Regardless, we were all profitable and we made a contact to sell our tarantulas/roaches to a local shop owner. I'd say that was a successful endeavor!

Where the magic happened:
View attachment 232464

The shop keepers:
View attachment 232462

The muscle:
View attachment 232463
We are sexy beasts. Had fun! We rock

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I'm fascinated by that bottle I can't see the label well just behind your roaches. Natural water? A soft drink that we don't have here in Italy? :-s