First ever eggsac

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
Thanks, I'm very pleased with this sac. I check up on her to make sure she's tending to it. She's happily guarding it as we speak. I made sure to add another water bowl, as she webbed up her old one and as soon as I touch it she dashes towards the lip of her hide. P. miranda is my favorite in the genus, perhaps. Hope its a fertile sac, since the male was 6 months old when they paired. I've witnessed at least 2 pairings, 1 month apart iirc (he cohabbed with her for 2+ months).

louise f

Arachnoangel
Congratz on the sac. They look soo darn cute <3 And welcome to the breeding society. :)

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
They recently started molting, but a few of them were stuck in their molts or caught mold and a lot of them have bad legs - crooked or facing upwards. I have no idea where it went wrong, but I'm assuming the water droplets from the condensation at the top which fell on the EWLs caused some problems.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
Not bad for a first sac! Congratulations!

I'll be expecting a S calceatum and B albopilosum "Nicaragua" sacs in the next 4-6 months. Sooner for the S calc

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
I upped the temps from 22-24 to around 30C just the day before they started molting. I think that was the turning point. Sudden changes are apparently not welcome with EWLs and everyone should avoid them.