First death :(

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
I found one of my tiny versicolor slings lifeless on the ground. It's siblings molted two weeks ago, and are a lot bigger than the one that died. It molted either yesterday or today but it was the same size it was before. I guess the strain of molting was too much for it. :(

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
Looks like the legs were still partly translucent when he/she died. I think cause of death was that he/she wasn't strong enough to pull through?

I blame myself, i feel like i let him/her down.

Octagon

Arachnoperson
I am so sorry. :( I don't think you should blame yourself. I have read many experienced people's comments on this forum that nature unfortunately just doesn't make all slings strong enough to survive (that's why the eggsacs contain so many individuals). That makes a lot of sense and it is the same way for so many other types of nature's creatures. It just wasn't meant to be.

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
I blame myself, i feel like i let him/her down.
No way! If the others are doing okay, there is no reason to think it was somehow your fault. You are a fine keeper. Focus on your successes. As for the one that didn't make it. It's not suffering. It feels no regret. Now your job is to care for its siblings. These things happen. It's no ones fault.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I blame myself, i feel like i let him/her down.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry for your loss but don't blame yourself as other members have said all your others are doing well so it wasn't anything you could have stopped, unfortunately almost everybody in the hobby will lose a tarantula at some point no matter how experienced we are as individuals it doesn't matter whether you're new or in you're 20th year.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
It really sucks to hear that. I hope your other one matures into a beautiful T.

Condolences.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sometimes slings just died. I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost a Versi in the same way. That's just nature... :(

Kymura

Arachnoknight
So sorry. While it's not in any way your fault I understand it's never easy to lose one :(