First death in my collection.. :(

jay444

Arachnosquire
My first tarantula just passed away today and it happens to also be my first death since I got in the hobby and it feels like crap. It was a male A. avic, 1 or 2 molts away from maturation.

He ate well, he drank, he was kept mostly dry with good ventilation and was a WC petshop rescue. One of his fake plant broke last week and it fell with it, maybe it was internal impaction. I sprayed his enclosure with water this Tuesday and I usually never do that and the summer weather got the room to 85F (I was late installing the AC back), maybe its SADS.

I guess I'll just never know. It was a sad day :(

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
My first tarantula just passed away today and it happens to also be my first death since I got in the hobby and it feels like crap. It was a male A. avic, 1 or 2 molts away from maturation.

He ate well, he drank, he was kept mostly dry with good ventilation and was a WC petshop rescue. One of his fake plant broke last week and it fell with it, maybe it was internal impaction. I sprayed his enclosure with water this Tuesday and I usually never do that and the summer weather got the room to 85F (I was late installing the AC back), maybe its SADS.

I guess I'll just never know. It was a sad day :(
No such thing as SADS. Probably how stuffy it got.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thats what I meant with SADS, possible husbandry misstep + genus fragility
Avic genus isn’t fragile

SADS- no such thing as you seem to know, thus not reason to keep perpetuating a myth.