First centipede

Gabe Ma

Arachnosquire
Hey all, interested in getting into centipedes. I just thought I could create a new thread asking my specific question to what my seller has available.
Ethmostigmus sp. "Cameroon Orange Leg
Hemiscolopendra marginata
Rhysida sp
I have experience in tarantulas. I have old words as well.
But anyways, what y’all suggestion?
Thanks guys.

Arthroworld Indonesia

Arachnopeon
Hi Gabe, it’s good to see another hobbyist branching out.

My first pede was S. Subpinipes, I think they’re very manageable in my opinion.

But from the list on what your seller has available, Rhysida is also a solid pick. I haven’t got any experience with bark centipedes like H. Marginata but its a case by case on what kind of centipede are you looking for?

Other species I would recommend would be Deehanis and Morsitans.

dogpack

Arachnosquire
I know nothing about this species, but I am interested in learning about them.

Scolopendra God

Arachnopeon
Nice to see a new centipede addict to join. I would personally pick Hemiscolopendra marginata as they are extrememely interesting if we consider the difference in their venom based on their gender (there was a special study published about this in 2019). Just take time to prepare the terrarium properly, they are even better in escaping then spiders and they like to bite through everything.

dogpack

Arachnosquire
I will probably be getting some centapede and millipedes eventually. Any recommendations are appreciated.

ForTW

Arachnobaron
I got 3 ethmostigmus trigonopodus.
They are nice, calm but you don't really see them that often, which indicates they are fine i guess 😁.

dogpack

Arachnosquire

dogpack

Arachnosquire
Trying to post URL.

Gabe Ma

Arachnosquire
My goodness, so many awesome replies. Forgot about this thread for a week. My bad guys, honestly, I had a lil phobia of centipedes but just watching videos and learning more about them I would love to give them a try.
So no specific things I’m oooking into with a centipede. I’d like one that’s a little more colourful maybe, less potent venom, however I’ve kept Poecilotheria.
I started out my tarantula hobby with arachnophobia, but dipped my toes cause I wanted to try. I only want more tarantulas now ahaha.

dogpack

Arachnosquire
Me thinks you are hooked. Line and sinker, tiz the way of dese lille beasties, to web ya into caring for'em. :)