First Centipede and Enclosure question.

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Alright today I ordered my first Centipede a 3" Scolopendra alternans

Now I know the general care for it and what their venom is capable of. What I mainly asking about is what would be a good enclosure for this size pede? I would think putting it in a Kritter Keeper wouldn't be a good idea due to the vents, couldn't they slip out of it? Anyways I am just here for some basic suggestions what would be a good enclosure for this size pede.

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
In my opinion, the best enclosure for a pede that size would be an appropriately sized jar. Just make sure the vent holes aren't too big and you're good! Congrats on your new addition :)

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
In my opinion, the best enclosure for a pede that size would be an appropriately sized jar. Just make sure the vent holes aren't too big and you're good! Congrats on your new addition :)
Thank you very much. That was what I was planning on doing cause the KK seemed like a bad idea. I can't wait for it to arrive.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
a 32 oz. tall deli cup would work too. when you have to take it out or do maintenance, be sure to do it in an open area AWAY from the cracks and crevices. have a net ready. i almost lose one of my precious S. hardwickei the other day :wall:

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here's the specimen I just got if anyone is interesting.