First Breeding Loan

Sana

Arachnoprince
Thanks to @YagerManJennsen I am in the process of my very first breeding loan. The gentleman has just arrived and is settling in to his accommodations. I'm ridiculously excited. Adorable little A. avic slings here we come (I hope). These are probably the worst pictures on Earth since I took them with a cell while unpacking but it's worth a shot.
IMG_1555.JPG IMG_1557.JPG IMG_1558.JPG

Sana

Arachnoprince
How was the packing job. It was only my first attempt.
The packing was great. I'm going to reuse it when I send him back to you (with fresh paper towels obviously). He doesn't seem terribly stressed by the experience. He's moving around and exploring not stress curled at all. I'll snap a couple more pics later this evening and throw them on here.

Sana

Arachnoprince
IMG_1571.JPG
One terrible picture for you. Forgive us for this thread y'all. This was a good way to document the process of our first loan and an easy way to get pics back and forth for reassurance. We felt it was especially important after reading recently about how many loans go wrong. Please feel free to ignore us. We'll try not to cause too much clutter.

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
I think this is a wonderful idea! I hope all goes well and you get many adorable little slings! :D

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Personally, I like seeing users on here communicate about a loan. It's a refreshing change of pace. People seem to forget that they can simply *gasp* not reply to a thread.

That avic looks like it's wringing its little boxing gloves. "Gonna git me some. Mmmhmm."

Sana

Arachnoprince
He is I think. I haven't seen him drumming yet but I may just be missing it because I've had to work. I'm planning to give him some web from her enclosure this weekend and her something that he's been hanging out on since he hasn't webbed. I'm not surprised that he hasn't since he's a MM.

Sana

Arachnoprince
I wasn't planning on taking pictures this morning but I peeked in to throw each of my ladies so maybe one day soon I can pair them with their respective boyfriends. I couldn't help myself when I saw these two though.
IMG_1572.JPG IMG_1574.JPG

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
The only web he has made since hee matured was a sperm web. So mybe hell just did that he doesn't want to make one. Or maybe he's to busy wondering around looking for a mate.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If your female has been settled in for a while, and you or the previous owner has noticed remains of sperm web, I say go ahead and put him in there. The remains of a sperm web would look like a long, thin, roll of silk, attached somewhere. However, sometimes you aren't even lucky enough to see that.
Click HERE to see what remains look like.

Good luck!

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
I saw the fullly intact sperm web in his cork bark tube. I can post a picture for confirmation if you want.

cold blood

Staff member
@Sana, best of luck, glad you got an MM.

None of the MM avic avics ever drummed unless they were near the female...the female's on the other hand, will drum like mad when the male is around (of course only if the female is receptive).

Sana

Arachnoprince
I gave her some munchies before I left for work today. As soon as she's full I want to get them together. I just want to be careful so he doesn't get injured in the process. I don't figure he's going to web at all since he's already made his sperm web and he is now looking for a mate.

Sana

Arachnoprince
She molted about 8 weeks ago. I would have to look at my notebook to be more specific. It took her half that time to be ready to eat and she's not well known for her appetite so filling her up is a questionable process.

On a note unrelated to this loan but regarding current ongoing breeding projects, my MF G. pulchripes hasn't stopped eating yet. She has been declared a black hole since she makes crickets disappear continually. Are we definite that tarantulas don't explode?