First boa

stevetastic

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My wife picked me up an early Christmas present at a local show. I'm not normally a new world boa person but BCO's really caught my eye.

Anyone else have experience with these?

Edit:
It had just finished eating (switched over to F/T. The breeder fed live only.) which is why its jaw looks a little funny.

odiakkoh

Arachnosquire
I am green with envy (and has a new snake to add to her wishlist haha). Absolutely gorgeous.

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow, this one's got a lot of pink for an Argentine! Hope it retains that as an adult!

pitbulllady

Kuro

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow! looks at all the pink that little one has! my girl has sadly lost most of her pink.

i keep my BCO just like i keep my BCI and she does great.

here's a pic of my girl when she was a wee bit smaller...

stevetastic

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
wow! looks at all the pink that little one has! my girl has sadly lost most of her pink.

I'm not overly concerned with the color . If it keeps its color great but I like they gray tones and pattern of the average BCO.

Has yours gotten passed its "nippy" phase yet? Mine strikes constantly right now.

Kuro

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
as long as i've had my girl she has never really struck at me...she hisses quite immpressively when PO'ed or in shed but i've never been struck at or bit by her

my girl is 4-4.5ft now was about 3ft or so in the pic and i got her when she was 3ft so i haven't really had to deal with much pissy/nippy-ness from her. i would say just handle the squirt often..don't stress him/her though...as that is what helped my baby BCI calm down was just handling him regularly.