First arboreal what should I get????

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I want to get a arboreal T, but this will be my first. So I would like some opinions on what I should start out with? I got my eye on a venezuelan suntiger, also a pinktoe I saw in the pet store today that is $20 but I don't know the scientific name I think it is a A.A. which one do you think I should get I know the suntiger is defensive, and fast but I don't mind, but pinktoe is cheaper. thanks

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Get the $20.00 pinktoe. Its a good starter arboreal T.
Just make sure its got a nice plump butt, and has a web tube in its enclosure your buying it from. These are signs of a healthy T.

E

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Both are quick, but the Avic. would be better to start with. They are fast, but not as fast as a Suntiger, which can be a bit more defensive. Johnny was moving one of our A avic.s yesterday and she got out. All she did was run around his arm and shoot poop at him. Entertaining to say the least!!! =D

-Jill

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
and if the petshop near you is a petco, make sure the pinktoe doesnt have spurs and palpal bulbs. there are 5 petcos all within 45 minutes of me, and ive seen more males than females, by about 5 to 1.

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Both are nice choices, but to get use to an arboreal, I would go with the A. avic.

I second the PetCo idea, I have seen males there also, you don't want a male, it won't live long.

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
I would go with the A.Avic for now and then in a bit move up to the Suntiger. my 2nd Tarantula was a pinktoe and my 3rd was the suntiger. One thing you will notice between the 2 is that the suntiger blows away the pinktoe in speed. But my Suntiger has never shown a defense posture to me yet, she just runs instead of trying to bite.

peace

TheDon