Fingers crossed!!!

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Decided to give the male another go before he has to make another visit to Scotland next week and this time he didn't disappoint. He hooked her up within one minute of being with her, then they took it inside the coconut...

After being with her for over ten minutes and making heaps of insertions I decided to take the coconut hide away and get him out of there although they looked like they were going to start all over again!!!

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
Awesome! Good luck with that.

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hopefully he doesn't get eaten before his big ship x: Good luck!

Dreadz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Good luck i hope you get a sac from her. I bred 2 females last year to 2 different males and never got a sac both molted out:mad:. Getting a new male soon so hopefully i can get a sac this year:D.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hopefully he doesn't get eaten before his big ship x: Good luck!
Thanks. :) Well they've both eaten since so hopefully he will be going in for round two tomorrow.

Good luck i hope you get a sac from her. I bred 2 females last year to 2 different males and never got a sac both molted out:mad:. Getting a new male soon so hopefully i can get a sac this year:D.
Yeah man, I've heard of that before, I loaned him to a friend in Scotland last year and his female got as far as even setting up the laying bowl then changed her mind and moulted!!!

Cheers. :)

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Update...

Well I tried pairing the Paraphysa parvula again this morning and the female wasn't interested at all, although saying that she has been acting slightly different the last couple of says by staying inside the coconut hide more than she ever did previously. The male made another sperm web a day after the initial pairing and even ate a cricket. He also seemed interested again this morning by slapping his legs on top of the coconut to get her attention but as mentioned she wasn't interested and decided to move away from him. So the plan is for one final attempt before I send him on loan although I have a feeling the female will be unreceptive yet again. Although I dont think that is a bad sign?

Anyone who has had success with this species or other smaller Chilean species of tarantulas input would be greatly appreciated.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Quick update...

The last two weeks the female has been constantly digging her hide out, last night when I got home I noticed a nice thick webbing in the basin of the burrow.

This morning, she has a nice egg sac!!!

:D

Optic

Arachnopeon
Nice one, You know Chile Rose and Curly Haired Spiders, How old do they have to be before you can breed them? I don't mean breed the rose & curly together I meant separate, 2 curlys and 2 rose's. I want to have a go at this, looks interesting to give it a shot :) nice pictures and congratulations hope it all works out this time around. :)

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congratulations :) Keep us updated.
Cheers I will do :)

Nice one, You know Chile Rose and Curly Haired Spiders, How old do they have to be before you can breed them? I don't mean breed the rose & curly together I meant separate, 2 curlys and 2 rose's. I want to have a go at this, looks interesting to give it a shot :) nice pictures and congratulations hope it all works out this time around. :)
It depends on the spermathecae, if it is well developed (sclerotised) it gets darker. This is usually a good indication of when a female tarantula is ready to pair. Also, you will obviously need a MM to breed her with.

Here's a picture of a sclerotised spermathecae on B.smithi

Anyways, here's a picture of the female P.parvula before she layed. That abdomen certainly isn't that big any longer.....

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice work man.....good luck!....looks like she did a bang up job!

forhorsmn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow. Great job. I'm still a long way off from being able to breed but at least I have something to look forward to :)

Dreadz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice, Congrats!!!:worship: Great species, wish I would have the same luck as you when I attempt breeding again. I tried to breed my female with a new male this year and he didn't even last 5min :mad:... She walked toward him and he tapped then when he went for her, she decided to make him lunch..

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Had to pull the sac...

Well things haven't gone exactly to plan, checked on the sac tonight before bed and there was a slight yellow mark on the side of it. On closer inspection I noticed a few mites also on the area so I decided to pull it early. Once I opened the sac I found quite a few EWL's which was surprising seen as though she had only made it on 25/04/11. Anyway long story short, the side of the sac that had the yellow mark on it had started to go bad so I believe I did the best thing by pulling it. Ive separated most of the bad eggs although there are a few on the side I'm keeping an eye on. Seen as though this would be my first viable sac I was happy enough that any of them looked ok, its just shame for the ones that went bad. Fingers crossed the remaining eggs develop and hopefully we get some slings!!!

Anyway here's some pictures (very poor ones haha)

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Paraphysa parvula - Post Eggsac

Here she is today after I removed the sac, hopefully soon to be a mother.