Fine dining cuisine for T's

Mister Senpai

Arachnopeon

I saw this video on the internet of somebody feeding their T a nice piece of blue steak. In my 7 years in the hobby, I've never heard of red meat being used as food. I did some more digging and some other people have fed chicken meat, shrimp, live goldfish and... I can't validate it, mac n cheese(arachnoboards). Do "proper" hobbyists feed these exotic cuisines for their T's or are these hobbyists a total whackjob? I've never ever heard of this and this seems on the same level as interbreeding species and woodchips as substrate, what are your thoughts on this?

Crickets are very expensive where I live($30 for 20), maybe I can save money if I do this:lol: ... kidding.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have heard of people offering raw meat to tarantulas - and to centipedes as well - when they couldn't get their regular feeders. It may sound odd at first, but when you think about it, meat is meat. Tarantulas don't exclusively feed on insects in the wild . They have also been known to eat things like small rodents, birds, frogs, and lizards, so offering them bits of raw meat like beef or chicken - or even shrimp (which are essentially just aquatic bugs anyway) or live fish is not really that odd. The real trick is getting the tarantula to take the food when it's just a tidy little cube of meat, and not a living, moving bug. Some spiders will scavenge readily - and others need that prey action to trigger a feeding response. Whatever you feed them, it all breaks down to liquid protein once digestive enzymes are applied - if you can get the spider to take it.

If you do try to feed raw meat, you'll need to remove any uneaten portions or leftovers promptly - otherwise it will really stink!

Mac n cheese, though? I can't imagine it. I suspect whoever suggested that was joking. (I certainly hope they were joking!)

Twantula1215

Arachnopeon
I seem to remember hearing rumors about someone recommending pieces of meat being pulled across the enclosure on bits of string.

Transrights

Arachnosquire
I seem to remember hearing rumors about someone recommending pieces of meat being pulled across the enclosure on bits of string.
Boyfriend: What are you doing with that piece of kobe beef and that string in your hand?
Me: *Sweating profousely* uuuuuh so I read that thing on the internet....

Twantula1215

Arachnopeon
Are you telling me you all don't offer beluga caviar to you T's for their thrice daily feeding?