FInding Florida Tailless Whips.

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
I do agree it would be easier and cheaper to get them if you are in Florida but it would be easy to buy captive bred

Purplepuffball

Arachnosquire
Please note that just because "other people do it" at shows, does not make it legal. Not sure where in NY you reside, but it is actually illegal to keep arachnids in the 5 boroughs (NYC).

The ONLY one who can tell you what is and what is not allowed on an airline, is the airline themselves, directly. You will need to call the one that you plan on flying with to see what their specific rules/guidelines are. No one else here, or anywhere, can tell you those rules (unless they work for said airline). Anyone that does is merely speculating, nothing more. I recommend getting the person's name (supervisor is best) that you speak with at the airline, for proof should anything arise at the time of flying. Just because you (or others) got away with it previously, does not make it legal either. So unless you have explicit written (not verbal) permission from the airline, then I advise against it.

I know, in the past, some have opted to ship to themselves, when traveling. Please note that it is illegal to ship anything venomous with USPS anywhere in the US. It is a Federal Violation.

Others usually opt for observing in the wild and then purchasing from a reputable dealer/seller (best option IMHO).

Best of luck!

Debby
OFC I realized that. However, I live not in the burrows but in Westchester so it's good.

And also NYC doesn't allow pigs. NYC and the boroughs have crazy laws. I'm lucky I don't live there.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I discovered that even centipedes (which as we know aren't even arachnids)
They aren't? WHAAAAAAAAAT
The only problem I have now is if WC Tailless Whip scorpions can adapt to captivity as once in an expo my parents bought me Damon variegatus <edit>. It didn't eat even when crickets were brushing its feelers and it just became more and more sluggish until it died
Most Damon labeled as variegatus are actually D. medius, especially recently. They usually arrived stressed, dehydrated, and likely diseased, having languished without food or water in suboptimal conditions for weeks. If you don't do that to your Phrynus marginemaculatus, you ought to have a better chance :p