Finally

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
My first egg sac.
I will post this to breeding reports too. Just wanted to share because I’m so excited.

Avic m6
Paired 8/24

Dropped 1/16

I found my paired female C. marshalli dead in her burrow. I don’t know what happened. I waited 10 days after she molted, then fed every day or every other day until she refused food for 3 days in a row. Paired them, smooth pairing. Kept between 72-76, offered food weekly which she refused and a small water dish that I planned to remove when she dropped. I found her right side up in her burrow with a deflated abdomen. Really sucks. I don’t know what I did wrong.

Then I found this sac later in the evening. I guess that’s just how it goes sometimes but I am excited about this sac

Attachments

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Nice, 5 months after pairing. When do you plan on pulling the sac?

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Nice, 5 months after pairing. When do you plan on pulling the sac?
Yea it’s the longest I’ve heard of these going and still dropping. I’m thinking 25 days or so to pull. I know a lot of species are 30-35 days, but I’ve also read about these eating the sac. I’m open to experienced advice

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Yea it’s the longest I’ve heard of these going and still dropping. I’m thinking 25 days or so to pull. I know a lot of species are 30-35 days, but I’ve also read about these eating the sac. I’m open to experienced advice
I have a Versicolor sitting on a sac now, I was going to wait 35-40 days. But this is my first sac from Avicularia/caribena species. My thought was making sure they are out of the egg stage and into the EWL stage. I think they only eat sacs if there is something wrong with the sac to begin with. I could be wrong.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
I have a Versicolor sitting on a sac now, I was going to wait 35-40 days. But this is my first sac from Avicularia/caribena species. My thought was making sure they are out of the egg stage and into the EWL stage. I think they only eat sacs if there is something wrong with the sac to begin with. I could be wrong.
Right on, I’m gonna ask some more experienced people I know, and continue reading but I appreciate that insight. I can’t say with much conviction either way, but I’m glad to make it this far into the process. Not sure about avics, but I have been told and read other species definitely eat the sacs especially if the mom feels threatened. I know GBB are prone to this, I’ve also heard it about chilensis and H pulchripes

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Right on, I’m gonna ask some more experienced people I know, and continue reading but I appreciate that insight. I can’t say with much conviction either way, but I’m glad to make it this far into the process. Not sure about avics, but I have been told and read other species definitely eat the sacs especially if the mom feels threatened. I know GBB are prone to this, I’ve also heard it about chilensis and H pulchripes
Keep updating here if you can. Its always good to have future reference and compare any differences. The breeding reports are very helpful on this forum too.

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
Congratulations, Avic babies are some of the cutest in my opinion!! Condolences about your marshalli, such a shame to lose a spider in the pursuit of producing more

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats on the Avic sac, here's to many healthy slings. Sorry to hear about your C. marshalli, it's truly odd that it suddenly died :/ Better luck if you choose to breed the species again.

JasperTheSpooder

Arachnopeon
My first egg sac.
I will post this to breeding reports too. Just wanted to share because I’m so excited.

Avic m6
Paired 8/24

Dropped 1/16

I found my paired female C. marshalli dead in her burrow. I don’t know what happened. I waited 10 days after she molted, then fed every day or every other day until she refused food for 3 days in a row. Paired them, smooth pairing. Kept between 72-76, offered food weekly which she refused and a small water dish that I planned to remove when she dropped. I found her right side up in her burrow with a deflated abdomen. Really sucks. I don’t know what I did wrong.

Then I found this sac later in the evening. I guess that’s just how it goes sometimes but I am excited about this sac
Nice! I remember my first egg sac, it's so exiting!

I'm so sorry about your female, but her legacy will carry on:angelic:

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
Looking good! Always amazes me how small and insignificant the eggs look, hard to believe sometimes that an 8" spider grows from a little yellow BB pellet haha

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Looking good! Always amazes me how small and insignificant the eggs look, hard to believe sometimes that an 8" spider grows from a little yellow BB pellet haha
For real the mom was like 6.5” and fighting me over this. I pulled a little early at 23 days but it should be ok

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
Hope you get lots of little EWLs soon!! Please do keep us updated, I'm very excited to see them grow! 🌈