Finally took the plunge

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Well, I picked up a pair of adult female Haplopelmas today. One is a roughly 4 inch lividum (WC), the other a 5 inch "Aureopilosum"(CB). Preparing tanks now, And awaiting my impending doom :) Pics to come soon!

By the way, I have a request for Volker, or whoever gets the pleasure of making the Haplopelma sp. "Aureopilosum" an official species.. Please give it a name that is easier to spell. Maybe 'notminaxum' or something ;)

Bill

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Bill,
Good for you! I haven't made that "big plunge" t-wise yet. Perhaps it will be when I decide to get a "tougher" t.

Peace,
Gillian

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I have to say....I have 2 females, and they are easy as pie to care for..
once they established a burrow, they are right at home, and come out each night to hunt.
I would charaterize mine more as shy rather then defensive, but then I don't usually go digging them up either ;)

Hamadryad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Good luck Bill !!!

:D You are going to love the Haplopelma species Bill ! they are all so nasty and aggressive - I really recommend that if you can find a nice one to get a Haplopelma minax as well...they are like the last word in "mean" heh heh heh...and I also like the Chinese EarthTiger which is Haplopelma schmidti...they are also beautiful and aggressive.

Good luck with your new T's !!!!!!!!!! :}

The Spider Hunter

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
Well, I picked up a pair of adult female Haplopelmas today. One is a roughly 4 inch lividum (WC), the other a 5 inch "Aureopilosum"(CB). Preparing tanks now, And awaiting my impending doom :) Pics to come soon!

Bill
Have you witnessed the raw speed of the haplo yet?

Big Dragonfly

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Immortal_sin
I would charaterize mine more as shy rather then defensive, but then I don't usually go digging them up either ;)
Wish I could say the same! lol

My girl comes screaming out of the burrow to threaten and strike at me at any chance she gets! She is not the best of neighbors!