Finally picked one up! (And a straggler.. Lol)

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Today I finally got my adult female H.albostriatum.. I have wanted one for a few years now and here she is... I had to take her friend also of course ;)... 20161203_161812.jpg And here is the obligatory impulse buy E.uatuman 20161203_163629.jpg

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Congrats dude, those are two awesome tarantulas. Both very high on my wishlist!

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Today I finally got my adult female H.albostriatum.. I have wanted one for a few years now and here she is... I had to take her friend also of course ;)... View attachment 226125 And here is the obligatory impulse buy E.uatuman View attachment 226126
Oh, nice!!! I almost picked up one of the E. uatuman last spring, but I was afraid it would spend too much time at the bottom of a burrow and I'd never get to see it!

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Oh, nice!!! I almost picked up one of the E. uatuman last spring, but I was afraid it would spend too much time at the bottom of a burrow and I'd never get to see it!
See that's where I get weird.. I love pet holes.. I get that Christmas morning feeling on the rare occasions that I do spot them outside of there burrow..

For example..

About two hours ago I was just chillin checking on my Ts and then I noticed my C. fimbriatus out of it's burrow in the middle of it's enclosure! I froze and watched it for a solid minute untill it went back into it's burrow.. That's the second good look at it that I have had in about three months! I was really excited and it totally made my night..

The other thing that ephebopus sp. brings to the table is attitude! This girl was really stubborn while removing her from her transport container.. She didn't run off or even throw up a threat display.. She calmly turned around and bit the straw very hard and didn't let go for a few seconds.. I love Ts that handle themselves like a true predator instead of running off like a scaredy cat! Lol..

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Very nice. I need an H. albo. I want to own all the striped leg ones (I have A. geniculata, E. murinus, A. seemanni, and G. pulchripes). Along with all the blue ones, all the gold ones.... lol.

Walker253

Arachnobaron

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Yeah, I have a red light for mine, too! I've been sneaking upstairs late at night to try to catch my M. balfouri slings out and about. Saw one eating a cricket the other night!
Yeah, when they are smaller they are not out as much. Now that mine are bigger I see them all the time.

I rarely see my I.mira out though and when I got a photo of one of them fully out the other night It was like I won the lottery. :D

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah, when they are smaller they are not out as much. Now that mine are bigger I see them all the time.

I rarely see my I.mira out though and when I got a photo of one of them fully out the other night It was like I won the lottery. :D
I know the feeling! My P. vittata is the same way!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats on the albo. They are awesome. My female has not tried to burrow and go unseen. She has a burrow that she has dug out. But she is never in it.