Finally obtained a Black Chinese EarthTiger

Hamadryad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
=D Well, I finally managed to obtain a Black Chinese EarthTiger today..It is a magnificent 7 inch female that is extremely aggressive! I have been trying to find one of these since I first got into the hobby - I was scared to death of them when I began with tarantulas so I lost my opportunity get one at the time, it was just such a vicious spider...but after all the aggressive tarantulas that I have dealt with I am having no problem with this spider...she is a beauty!! I obtained her from Paul Becker who has a store now called "Arachnocenter" - I went down to check it out today...it is actually a beautiful little store that has NOTHING but inverts in it...all tarantulas,scorpions and centipedes...and they all look very well maintained and healthy.I hope that Paul can hold it together as he has had some serious problems this year with PetCenterUSA and his personal life..but I DO recommend his spiders as they all look VERY healthy - The website for Pauls store is : Arachnocenter.com and the phone number of his store is 310-517-0092 he has a wide selection of extremely nice tarantulas and other inverts...if you talk to him tell him John Bathias referred you to him, I am trying to help him keep his store going!

:D The Spider Hunter

Tranz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
[
Originally posted by Spider Hunter
=D she is a beauty!! I obtained her from Paul Becker who has a store now called "Arachnocenter" - I went down to check it out today...it is actually a beautiful little store that has NOTHING but inverts in it...all tarantulas,scorpions and centipedes...and they all look very well maintained and healthy.I hope that Paul can hold it together as he has had some serious problems this year with PetCenterUSA and his personal life..but I DO recommend his spiders as they all look VERY healthy - The website for Pauls store is : Arachnocenter.com and the phone number of his store is 310-517-0092 he has a wide selection of extremely nice tarantulas and other inverts...if you talk to him tell him John Bathias referred you to him, I am trying to help him keep his store going!

:D The Spider Hunter
I got my G. Pulchra sling from Paul Becker in September, and the day it arrived I could tell it was a very healthy spider - and it still is.

Last edited:

Hamadryad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey PetiteGreenEyes !!!!

:D Oh yeah!!! that is a beautiful picture of your EarthTiger! arent they the most awesome spiders? big and mean as the dickens huh? if you dont mind me asking what kind of conditions are you maintaining yours in? I am keeping mine in warm ( 80-82 degree)and about 85-90 per cent humidity...on deep T-rex substrate with a water dish and the top of the enclosure partially blocked off to keep in the humidity.Is yours a good feeder? I havent gotten mine to take prey yet....I would appreciate any tips you might have on this species !!!!!!!!

Fellow EarthTiger Owner.....The Evil Spider Hunter

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I keep mine a little bit cooler than you are yours.. Around 75-78 degrees. I do keep her really moist and misted which she really prefers. She has a pot she likes to sleep in and also has plants and lots of dirt for when she feels like climbing around which she does. When she is hungry she does eat well for us. Good luck and don't underestimate their speed!!!!!