Finally I got the T I've been wanting so much!

Turiell

Arachnopeon
A female G.Pulchra! At least I think it's a G.Pulchra. The person I got her from wasn't a very helpful or polite breeder. And he messed up the shipping something awful. But anyway I just wanted to share my happiness and also ask, does she look like a G.Pulchra to ya'll? I've included a picture of her so everyone can see.
I've never seen one this small and the guy I got her from has made me so nervous and has made me distrust him. I think she's a G.Pulchra, but just wanted to see what everyone here thought. So, thoughts anyone? Please?

Attachments

Turiell

Arachnopeon
@wetwork I hope you get one soon! They are so awesome. My girl just came in today after being stuck in a vial and wrapped in toilet paper for almost four days. I think she's tired, and I know she must be a little dehydrated because she hangs around the water dish and the moist corner I gave her. You don't think I should put her in a tarantula ICU, do you? Her abdomen isn't shriveled or anything like that.

And so she looks like a G.Pulchra to you?

Last edited:

basin79

ArachnoGod
I've been after a female Grammostola pulchra for a while now too. They're like rocking horse excrement.

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
No ICU needed, as long as shes moving around fine and looks healthy she'll be fine. just make sure she always has water and a hide that she can go in to relax and acclimate to her new home. You can also put her cage in a darker, quieter area for a few days if you want to which may ease the stress.

Turiell

Arachnopeon
@Spidermolt Oh that's a good idea. I didn't think about that. As far as how she seems, she's doing well right now and looks fine. She's been bulldozing the substrate and has her water dish buried now. Oi! Oh well, at least she doesn't have to go into the ICU. Thank you for your help.

I have to ask this again, she does look like a G.Pulchra, right? The reason why I'm so nervous about that is because the guy I got her from was so odd I wouldn't put it past him to send a different tarantula. So I'm just wondering. If anyone wants to chime in on that please do!

Thank you to everyone else for their help! I really appreciate it!:happy:

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
@Spidermolt Oh that's a good idea. I didn't think about that. As far as how she seems, she's doing well right now and looks fine. She's been bulldozing the substrate and has her water dish buried now. Oi! Oh well, at least she doesn't have to go into the ICU. Thank you for your help.

I have to ask this again, she does look like a G.Pulchra, right? The reason why I'm so nervous about that is because the guy I got her from was so odd I wouldn't put it past him to send a different tarantula. So I'm just wondering. If anyone wants to chime in on that please do!

Thank you to everyone else for their help! I really appreciate it!:happy:
sorry they're on my list but ive never had a pulchra so I couldnt give you a truly honest answer:embarrassed: But im glad to help you with any other questions:D

boina

Lady of the mites
That's a G. pulchra alright :). I have a few of them and that's exactly how they look. They grow VERY slow, though, so you'll need to be patient :)

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I just traded my MM G. pulchra in for store credit @Net-Bug today.

It is a great species that I hope eventually becomes a lot more abundant and affordable. Congrats on your dream T.

Turiell

Arachnopeon
That's a G. pulchra alright :). I have a few of them and that's exactly how they look. They grow VERY slow, though, so you'll need to be patient :)
Yeah I've heard that they're slow growers, but that's okay. I'm just glad I have her. Thank you for confirming that she is a G.Pulchra. I know it was silly to worry but the person that sold her to me made me that nervous!

Congrats on your new pulchra. You will not regret it.

How big is she? (Maybe she's still a juvenile.)
Thank you! I just adore her, she's so cute. I love the way she's been rearranging her enclosure. When I walked up to it a little while ago she came running up to the side and had dirt all over her. Made me laugh :D Oh, and yes she's a juvenile. She's two and a half inches. I guess that's considered a juvenile?

I just traded my MM G. pulchra in for store credit @Net-Bug today.

It is a great species that I hope eventually becomes a lot more abundant and affordable. Congrats on your dream T.
That's cool! And yeah, it would be great if there were more abundant and affordable. Though I have to admit this little girl was a present. I've been having a very hard time lately with things and my mom wanted to cheer me up so she gave me the money to buy a new T, and though I have four G.Pulchra slings coming in March I couldn't past up this little girl. My mom was so excited that I picked her. She's an awesome mom!

Anyway sorry for rambling. Thank you everyone for your help and comments! I appreciate it so much! :)

Haemus

Arachnosquire
Congrats! Love the G. pulchra :) If the dealer was shady I'd sex the next molt to ensure it's a female.

Here's my girl, whose been eating quite a bit lately.