Finally got my wife a GBB.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We went down to Galveston for the weekend and I decided to take a look on Craigslist. Got a heck of a deal on two critters. A 5"-5.5" female GBB, and a 3.75" possible female (looks female to me ventrally & I have viable molt in the old enclosure I plan to look at) B. boehmei. I think it's a boehmei. I'm not really a Brachy fan. I know smithi, albopilosum, and auratum. The rest, I'm at a loss for.

Anyways, I gave $80 each. So it was a good enough deal for me! Pictures to follow.

First is the GBB. She was a clumsy girl. Like a freaking tank!

IMG_1361.JPG IMG_1359.JPG

And now the Brachy. Such an itchy little booger! Am I right about it being a B. boehmei?

IMG_1354.JPG IMG_1351.JPG

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh, they are both on dry substrate and the only reason the GBB has the water droplets in her is because I used my spray bottle to maneuver her a little. I don't spray them for any reason.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The GBB is molt confirmed. I am working on the Brachy. molt now. It's a tad smaller. So I am trying o be careful with it.

IMG_1367.JPG

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
B. boehmei is a molt confirmed female, too. The molt held up in just the right place. The picture ain't worth a crap. But here she is.

IMG_1368.JPG

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Congrats! Both great Ts, my boehmei kicks in her sleep so when you rehouse/do maintenance make sure you wear gloves if the hairs bother you :)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats! Both great Ts, my boehmei kicks in her sleep so when you rehouse/do maintenance make sure you wear gloves if the hairs bother you :)
Thanks. I've had a boehmei before. I don't care for the itch enough to keep it. I only wanted to get the GBB for my wife. The guy offered this boehmei for a little extra so he could get rid of it. I'm not one to pass up a good deal. So here it is. Lol.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
IMG_1370.JPG Looks like my critter cubby is filling up. I might have to move up to the shelf above too! Ahh.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nice to see you're still around. :)

Grats on the new additions!

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah, I'm not on here much any more. I just stop in every now and then. I haven't kept tarantulas for about 6 years. There are a few 'old timers' who are still around though. I'm just not really one of them, lol.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Interesting enclosures there! What do you keep your H. albostriatum in? Is that an acrylic cube?
It's one of those DIY CD case enclosures. I am working on upgrades. I'm going to be moving them out of all those and into the acrylic display boxes from Hobby Lobby.

dopamine

Arachnobaron
It's one of those DIY CD case enclosures. I am working on upgrades. I'm going to be moving them out of all those and into the acrylic display boxes from Hobby Lobby.
Wow! The way the photo was taken makes them look so much bigger :rofl:
Cool set up!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow! The way the photo was taken makes them look so much bigger :rofl:
Cool set up!
Thanks. I miss having a whole room to my critters. Makes things easier. But, since we are staying in such a small apartment, the linen closet will have to do! Lol. If I can get my hands on a female P muticus, and P. metallica...my collection is done. That and a male GBB.

Here is a picture of the CD enclosure. I'm sure you've seen it. But a closer look.

IMG_0027.JPG

dopamine

Arachnobaron
Nice! Yeah i've seen Dark Den's youtube video on how to make them. Always wanted to try it out.
So your P. muticus turned out to be male huh?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice! Yeah i've seen Dark Den's youtube video on how to make them. Always wanted to try it out.
So your P. muticus turned out to be male huh?
Ventrally, yes. I have not been able to confirm it via molt. But I firmly believe it to be male.

As for the CD case containers. They work great! I have nothing against them. I just like having the display cases. They look better to me.