Finally got my GBB

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got my new M GBB from scoolman yesterday and thought I'd let him settle in before taking pics. Well, I should've taken them sooner cause he went into hiding...lol. He immediately took cover under the coconut hide I had for him. He was still there this morning when I checked on him before work. I had to tilt it up slightly to see him, but once I saw his little orange butt I knew he was ok. When I got home today I looked again and noticed something different and right away knew he had changed his hiding place. A little hollow skull I had put in there had eyeballs that were'nt there this morning....lol. I guess he felt a little violated when I peeked in on him and thought"..."I'll show her. She'll never see me in here"

Last edited:

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No female as of yet. He's still pretty young. I'd like to tho when the time comes. Probably will do some sort of deal w/ a female owner cause my budget won't pay for a female right now and the price will only go higher by the time he matures. Right now my money is set aside for 6 versi slings I'm getting in April.

Mammothdog

Arachnopeon
I want a GBB so bad but their so hard to find.... Your a very lucky person..

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've actually seen them listed quite often thru larger breeders. They can be pricey tho.

Mammothdog

Arachnopeon
Yeah I've seen them posted but I not sure which breeder would sell me one...

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Petcenterusa.net has juvie GBBs (1-1.5") for $40 and they list on here also.

jrzyspider

Arachnopeon
Congrats! I actually got my GBB (my first T as well) yesterday. Got it from PetCenter USA. It ate 3 crickets & spun a web already. I was pretty amazed a 1.5" sling did a web.

I guess it's happy?

Lolita

Arachnoknight
those are so on my list of drool worthy me likie and wants lol i'd love to get a female and just have a shiny new blue and orange spider

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Petcenterusa.net has juvie GBBs (1-1.5") for $40 and they list on here also.
Not a bad deal, and these guys grow pretty fast. I got Hugo (newspidermom's new GBB), and his sister, when they were .5" slings one year ago March 18. Now he is easily 4". I still have his sister who is now about 5".
They are great Ts to watch.
I love Hugo's decorating style NMS, can't wait to see how he webs up that skull.

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, I guess he's still makin up his mind where his favorite spot is. This morning he was back inside his coco hut. I was able to see his legs at the entrance so I threw a dubia in and he snatched it up without hesitation. Obviously he's settling in fine. Hopefully I can catch him out soon to take some pics.