Finally Found Her and She's Perfect!

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Guess who's going to be living in here starting tomorrow night? Someone who is costing me pretty much my entire budget for the expo next month.
And I am confident that this is really a her this time since she is coming from a smaller dealer who is always at the shows.
_DSC8845.JPG

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Tell me!
(Oh!:rolleyes: Just bought a 3" suspect female A.ezendami ships possibly Monday :happy:)

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
The Goddess? :angelic:
A centipede? :eek:
A female P.imperator? :)
0.1 G.pulchripes or G.pulchra? :kiss:
I am not worthy of the Goddess (PBUH), I'm afraid. And I still have enough money to buy my P. imperator from the show. I can't let that empty aquarium go to waste. :p
Nope to the centipede... lots of nopes. They will always be realms outside of my comfort zone. ;)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I am not worthy of the Goddess (PBUH), I'm afraid. And I still have enough money to buy my P. imperator from the show. I can't let that empty aquarium go to waste. :p
Nope to the centipede... lots of nopes. They will always be realms outside of my comfort zone. ;)
Ah ah I mentioned centipedes for joking, I love your comments :)

Damn I didn't tought about A.chalcodes :kiss: I'm happy for you, I love those as well, they are incredibly lovely.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Congrats! A female Aphonopelma (other than seemani) is high on my wish list! Take some photos of her when you get her! So jealous haha

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Ah, the A. chalcodes :D Up there with one of my favorites. I love my girl, even with her mood swings.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
How much is she costing you? I got one for $20+ a few years back off of Bugsincyberspace lol.
Good grief, are you rubbing it in!!
A 4" female is unheard of in Canada. You can't even find spiderlings. I have been asking people to keep an eye out for me for a long time and they have had zero luck. It is highly unlikely that I will get another chance at a female of that size. I am going to be paying $140cdn for her, which is about $108usd.

louise f

Arachnoangel
A 4" female is unheard of in Canada. You can't even find spiderlings. I have been asking people to keep an eye out for me for a long time and they have had zero luck. It is highly unlikely that I will get another chance at a female of that size. I am going to be paying $140cdn for her, which is about $108usd.
Congratz with your girl vanessa <3:)

Geoff Armentrout

Arachnopeon
3" female for $49 at Ken the bug Guy, 3.5-4" female at Net Bug $50
Holy cow! Can get 3-4" females for $50. If you are ordering online and all you get is that then closer to what you are paying at $89 or so.

Geoff

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
3" female for $49 at Ken the bug Guy, 3.5-4" female at Net Bug $50
Holy cow! Can get 3-4" females for $50. If you are ordering online and all you get is that then closer to what you are paying at $89 or so.
Geoff
I'm in Canada, so I cannot order from U.S. sellers. Even if I didn't need extensive importation paperwork - the minimum order amount is usually around $1,000usd. It is the same going from Canada to the states.
I'm sure some of our major sellers are importing from the U.S., but I don't expect them to get a lone juvenile female for me. And, even if they did, I would be paying a huge amount more for having someone be a middleman for me.
They were available in Canada a few years back - captive bred spiderlings. The only chance I am going to have is someone selling one of those spiderlings today, which is how I am getting this girl tomorrow.

Geoff Armentrout

Arachnopeon
I'm in Canada, so I cannot order from U.S. sellers. Even if I didn't need extensive importation paperwork - the minimum order amount is usually around $1,000usd. It is the same going from Canada to the states.
I'm sure some of our major sellers are importing from the U.S., but I don't expect them to get a lone juvenile female for me. And, even if they did, I would be paying a huge amount more for having someone be a middleman for me.
They were available in Canada a few years back - captive bred spiderlings. The only chance I am going to have is someone selling one of those spiderlings today, which is how I am getting this girl tomorrow.
Yeah I was actually looking into ordering some T's from Canada a month or so ago from Tarantula Canada but I found what I was looking for in the US. Aside from that I still wasn't sure about going through the process of getting the necessary papers, maybe in the future. I am happy for you that you found her!

Geoff

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Congratulations! A gorgeous species. I've tried to catch these when I visit my brother in Arizona but they're just too quick for me. Whenever I see them at night, they are usually sitting right in/on the entrance to their burrows. If I so much as look in their direction for too long, zip! Right down the tunnel they go.

I'm on my way right now to the Reptile Super Show in Pomona and that's one of the species I might consider purchasing - if anybody has them AND if I can figure out where to put another cage! (After pet-sitting while the kids and I were on vacation - and finding out the hard way that feeding everything takes 1 1/2 - 2 hours - my husband is of the opinion that I already have far too many critters and need to get rid of a few...dozen...) :rolleyes:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah I was actually looking into ordering some T's from Canada a month or so ago from Tarantula Canada but I found what I was looking for in the US. Aside from that I still wasn't sure about going through the process of getting the necessary papers, maybe in the future. I am happy for you that you found her!

Geoff
Martin's min order to the USA is $1,000.00-- corrected

Last edited: