Finally downsized my daemon medius enclosure

isopodluvr

Arachnosquire
Certainly grippy. I'm a bit concerned that the large cell size might result in pedipalp spine snags. @wizentrop @Banshee05 have either of you tried this type of foam before?

I'm also 99% certain that prey are immediately going to crawl behind this foam and cause problems. This should still be considered a very temporary setup, though it is probably less immediately dangerous than the tape.
Damn I didn't even think of the cell size. I will have styrofoam in here very soon I can promise this. I think at this point I will take your earlier advice and put him back into his original enclosure until I get the foam. Thank you for sticking around and helping.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Damn I didn't even think of the cell size. I will have styrofoam in here very soon I can promise this. I think at this point I will take your earlier advice and put him back into his original enclosure until I get the foam. Thank you for sticking around and helping.
Best course of action I think.

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i have never used this sort of setup.
I always have plastic boxes, much wider than yours, with either styropor or cork/bark inside. Nothing else. Holes are just simple holes made with a drill. Keep it simple, they are not extraordinary in their general care (except mating, eggsac etc.)

isopodluvr

Arachnosquire
i have never used this sort of setup.
I always have plastic boxes, much wider than yours, with either styropor or cork/bark inside. Nothing else. Holes are just simple holes made with a drill. Keep it simple, they are not extraordinary in their general care (except mating, eggsac etc.)
Sounds right. At this point I've just got it in the narrow container with some moist substrate, a firm lid with holes, and polystyrene foam on one side. Seems pretty happy. Still won't eat its prey it catches though but I figure it might need some time to settle in

that1ocelot

Arachnoknight
Sounds right. At this point I've just got it in the narrow container with some moist substrate, a firm lid with holes, and polystyrene foam on one side. Seems pretty happy. Still won't eat its prey it catches though but I figure it might need some time to settle in
I found my Damon Medius only ate after a week or so, and is still much less willing to take food than my captive bred Phrynus Whitei.