Finally did it

miba8055

Arachnopeon
I wasn’t happy with my crooked drilling so decided to get laser drilled holes. I just need to work on my gluing skills but looks good to me. Designed it so I could use it for an arboreal or terrestrial. Thoughts?

E933EA70-C3BE-4EC2-8895-5C083A30B6B5.jpeg 08E4C9C3-43CC-46DF-83AE-8FE14A60AFA4.jpeg

miba8055

Arachnopeon
Forgot to add... big thanks to Matt man for the motivation and help! Cheers

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
The only thing I would have maybe done differently would be to put the holes closer to the door side so they would be well above the sub if used for a terrestrial.
Looks Really good, though. 👍

Sterls

Arachnobaron
Looks nice. And probably cheaper than the same thing bought online.

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
aww, why didn't they put cross ventilation holes on the short sides? w/e they use to drill those holes is pretty impressive though.

miba8055

Arachnopeon
I figured I would try to make it convertible like Jamie’s tarantula enclosures. Holes are 1/4” each so there should be enough ventilation hopefully. I’ve got a few of her enclosures and the holes are smaller. The problem I had with them is that she used thinner acrylic and the front doors would warp. Maybe next time I will put holes on one of the short sides 🙂. Appreciate the feedback.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Awesome work. I build custom enclosures as well. This looks great.

miba8055

Arachnopeon
I used acrylic cement for everything. They are a little squeaky but I think it will go away in time.

miba8055

Arachnopeon
Unfortunately I don’t know the manufacturer. The place where I got the acrylic cut couldn’t sell me a container, but gave me a little plastic bottle full with syringe which was enough to put 9 enclosures together and still have some left. One thing I should have done is that when I spill drops onto the acrylic, is not to wipe it but just let it dry. Better to get a small drip mark than seeing it smear. SMH.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Unfortunately I don’t know the manufacturer. The place where I got the acrylic cut couldn’t sell me a container, but gave me a little plastic bottle full with syringe which was enough to put 9 enclosures together and still have some left. One thing I should have done is that when I spill drops onto the acrylic, is not to wipe it but just let it dry. Better to get a small drip mark than seeing it smear. SMH.
Oh, I should have warned you about that, dammit. Yes, NEVER wipe. Let it dry and is some cases you can pick off with an Xacto knife.
US Plastics carries it, so does ePlastics. If you got the bottle, I am guessing your vendor loaded it up with one of the Weld Ons
4 is really thin, 16 is thicker, 3061 is a thinner version of 16 and 40 is a 2 part and probably the best but a tough to with which to work

Just search for Weld On

justanotherdude

Arachnopeon
I wasn’t happy with my crooked drilling so decided to get laser drilled holes. I just need to work on my gluing skills but looks good to me. Designed it so I could use it for an arboreal or terrestrial. Thoughts?

View attachment 371283 View attachment 371284
That is fantastic!!! I’m new here, and I don’t even have my first T yet, but I would love to construct something like that for my future Ts.

miba8055

Arachnopeon
I had a local place do it. Cost an arm and a leg but that feeling on putting it together and looking at the finished product was well worth it IMO. I have more enclosures than tarantulas now 😂.