Finally branching out

ediblepain

Arachnosquire
After years of keeping G. rosea and G. porteri, scouring these forums, reading books, and taking to people with a ton of experience... I am finally ready to branch out. I have always excelled at keeping fragile critters like dart frogs and tiny newts, so it seemed natural for me to get slings. The weather will be stable and a good temp range for shipping. Two Lasiodora parahybana and one Brachypelma vagans will be joining our little family. I have already collected various deli cups, condiment cups, extra lids, tongs, bottle caps, small pieces of cork bark, and a large bag of substrate. A source of appropriate sized feeders has been found (My partner was NOT chill with the idea of breeding roaches). I am so excited to sit and watch these little mini furballs to absolutely nothing :happy::happy::happy:

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
After years of keeping G. rosea and G. porteri, scouring these forums, reading books, and taking to people with a ton of experience... I am finally ready to branch out. I have always excelled at keeping fragile critters like dart frogs and tiny newts, so it seemed natural for me to get slings. The weather will be stable and a good temp range for shipping. Two Lasiodora parahybana and one Brachypelma vagans will be joining our little family. I have already collected various deli cups, condiment cups, extra lids, tongs, bottle caps, small pieces of cork bark, and a large bag of substrate. A source of appropriate sized feeders has been found (My partner was NOT chill with the idea of breeding roaches). I am so excited to sit and watch these little mini furballs to absolutely nothing :happy::happy::happy:
My first two slings are l.parahybana. Charlotte and Kronk by names.
They are hilarious and full of attitude you will love them. Kronk was posturing me a 1/4" and he is all Braun no brain like the movie character.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I am enjoying my Lasiodora (klugi) sling so far. It is almost always out in the open. It is not skittish at all, and almost always eats. I just wish it would grow faster.

I've heard that the vagans is the most fiesty of all the Brachypelmas. Hopefully it is fun for you to have around!

ofortin

Arachnopeon
I am enjoying my Lasiodora (klugi) sling so far. It is almost always out in the open. It is not skittish at all, and almost always eats. I just wish it would grow faster.

I've heard that the vagans is the most fiesty of all the Brachypelmas. Hopefully it is fun for you to have around!
Yeah they can be pretty fiesty.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Congrats on the new members of your family! You will be the happiest person ever for about two weeks...and then you will want more :rofl:

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Very good choices. My B vagans is skittish, but not aggressive. He is also a great eater. My lp's are great eaters and super fast growers. The big one is aggresive, but they are tarantulas, so u shouldn't be getting them if u want a kitten.

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
Very good choices. My B vagans is skittish, but not aggressive. He is also a great eater. My lp's are great eaters and super fast growers. The big one is aggresive, but they are tarantulas, so u shouldn't be getting them if u want a kitten.
One of my lps was threatening at a 1/4" which is the size it was when I got it. In fact it did it the day I got it, I was trying to encourage it into its enclosure and it threatened. It was actually quite funny because of how small it was at the time.
They can be aggressive so Paiige is right, if you think they are like getting a kitten not for you.

ediblepain

Arachnosquire
No worries, I already have kittens, and when I want to hold something angry and fuzzy I'll bribe them with treats and toys. I love the "look, but don't touch" aspect of keeping Ts. Sensitive creatures that require respect and tons patience. Watching them late at night with a red light is super zen.

Attachments