Finally back!

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Please note my name. Now isn't it emberrasing that I haven't owned a scorpion in several years!?

I finally got back into the scorpion hobby yesterday, picking up 2 P imperators, and 2 P cavimanus. The latter 2 I have never owned before but I must they, their personality is SO cute! They are adorably fiesty!

Next up, desert hairy (I'm unfamiliar with it's latin name yet)

Any thoughts or insights on care for the cavimanus'? I have them in 2 separate containers.

zad

Arachnopeon
Cavimanus are quite similar to Imps, almost same care conditions (temp, humidity, substrate,etc)... althout they like a bit more drier them Imps. And yes they are more agressive ;)

Like Imps they have semi-social behaviour, i keep my 2 on the same terrarium with proper shelters and no problems... till know. In the future and dont know... maybe 1 less scorpion xD

BAM1082

Arachnoknight
I had two Red Claws... at one point when i first got them I had them in a tank with a divider.
Within a few days both were digging towards the middle. Like they sensed each other or something.
I found them in the same burrow on one side of the tank. Never had any signs of aggression.

:) They were my first scorpions.

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Really? I'm considering putting the red claws together now. Is there a "best" way of introduction? Or should I just put them in together?

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Really? I'm considering putting the red claws together now. Is there a "best" way of introduction? Or should I just put them in together?
I don't know. From my research they are more prone to cannibalism than P.imperator, but are still somewhat communal. Personally, I'm not risking it.
Part of the reason I went with P.cavimanus is because of reports of them being sold as P.imperator, so I figured I'd pay the cheaper price, lol.

EDIT: Just to clarify, this is from google searching I've been doing. I don't have a specific site at this time, just what I recall finding when I was doing my pre-purchase research. I've also had one scorpion at this time, so I'm quite the newb. Feel free to discount my advice if you find something better. :)

Last edited:

zad

Arachnopeon
Putting them together is in fact a risk and you dont know if they get along for 1 day or 1 year... its a risk, and its realy up to you. But if you choose that, all you can do is reduce the risk... keep bothe well feed (so they dont turn each other for food) also provide 2 shelters or more, i have 2 shelter on warm zone and other 2 on cold zone so they can choose where to go, providing shelters prevent they to fight for a single one if they are unplease with each other company in the same shelter.

Mines sometines are in different shelters other times are in the same one. But you never know, their personality are very instable... this is whats made have aracnids exciting in my opinion =D

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow...I attempted to have them meet, and I'm fortunate I was there with a tool to separate. As soon as their' wandering around made them meet, it was fight city! They were very close to stinging each other in the split second I made the save. Anyways, just an update. I'm keeping them separate! ;)

zad

Arachnopeon
Man thats happen... You should indeed separate them if they dont get along. Mines are fine, maybe they been same offspring and keep always together. And dont realy know...

For what you tell they dont recognise to each other what made them enemies