Finally able to get my dream T!

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
So after being in the hobby for a couple a years, I was finally able to snag two individuals of my favorite tarantula species! Took a while for them to show up on the market, I only ever saw them when I first got into the hobby and was trying to go for them as my first T, but the dealer ran out.

Anyways, were you guys able to get your 'dream' T at all? If so, when did you decide to get them? Did you wait until you had more experience? What species is it? How does it feel that you now have your 'holy grail'?

I'll update with photos once I get them! As for the species, I'll keep you all guessing ;)

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
My dream T was B. emilia, and I ended up getting a mature female for the steal price of $150 at an expo. On top of that, I have the joy of pairing her right now.

Here's the pretty girl in question, playing with her food:
IMG_0603.JPG

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
My dream T was B. emilia, and I ended up getting a mature female for the steal price of $150 at an expo. On top of that, I have the joy of pairing her right now.

Here's the pretty girl in question, playing with her food:
View attachment 218807
Congrats, she's beautiful! Hope she lays a nice large egg sac!

The Ts that I ordered aren't adults, or even sexed sadly, but I'm hoping that out of two I end up with at least one female. Even though the odds are against me, I didn't have enough money for a third or a fourth haha

Alana

Arachnopeon
I've recently got back into the hobby after a 10+ year gap. I always wanted G. pulchra, A. versicolor and a bunch of pokies, and I have them now. I'd love some more pokie species, I think they're great. I'm kicking myself that I didn't get more juvie G. pulchra while they were available. But there are so many avic species that I'd never heard of 10 years ago that I'm interested in now. I don't have a new 'must have' species, but there are lots I'd like to get at some point, and there are a lot of species that are available now that weren't back then. I'm really loving the Psalmo slings I have and I never would have kept them before.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
It's a roach foot massage :astonished:
This picture was taken halfway through her six-month fast. I dropped in a roach, and she simply followed it around for a few hours. It would scurry off, she'd walk over and put her pedipalps and front feet on it, and the process would start over. She never did attack it, after all that. Just curious, apparently.

DeanK

Arachnosquire
Still very early in the hobby for me so there are lots of Ts on my list but I think the 1 I want most of all is a P. metallica

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
This picture was taken halfway through her six-month fast. I dropped in a roach, and she simply followed it around for a few hours. It would scurry off, she'd walk over and put her pedipalps and front feet on it, and the process would start over. She never did attack it, after all that. Just curious, apparently.
Typical goofy tarantulas. Sometimes they remind me of the way toddlers act.