"Finally" a proof of S. gigantea's supposed max size?

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Hey guys,
I just came across this: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fichi...tea)_over_40_cm_long_-_Preserved_Specimen.jpg
And I never this picture before, so I don't know if it's recent or I just missed it, although I've been in the hobby for quite some time now..
Apparently this specimen is hitting a solid 37 cm BL, and 43 cm in total.. that's huge!
Though it doesn't look like this is one a specimen of the white leg variant, judging by the terminal legs which are quite short. It should be noted though that I once saw what looks like a white leg with stubby terminals on youtube:
This video also shows how fast such big pedes can be, I found that pretty cool.
Just thought I'd share!

Btw guys I have the opportunity to get a young specimen for 250 euros (12 cm). Is it worth it?

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Probably the black variant; as far as I know, they're the biggest gigantea variant. Thanks for sharing!

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Pretty cool. Thanks!

Well.. I don't know, they'll be for sale in april anyway so I've got quite a bit of time I guess

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
Hey guys,
I just came across this: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fichi...tea)_over_40_cm_long_-_Preserved_Specimen.jpg
And I never this picture before, so I don't know if it's recent or I just missed it, although I've been in the hobby for quite some time now..
Apparently this specimen is hitting a solid 37 cm BL, and 43 cm in total.. that's huge!
Though it doesn't look like this is one a specimen of the white leg variant, judging by the terminal legs which are quite short. It should be noted though that I once saw what looks like a white leg with stubby terminals on youtube:
This video also shows how fast such big pedes can be, I found that pretty cool.
Just thought I'd share!

Btw guys I have the opportunity to get a young specimen for 250 euros (12 cm). Is it worth it?
What kritter keeper size is that?

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Absolutely no idea.. it's maybe a young specimen but even young white legs have long terminals..