Figured you guys would appreciate this more than most of my friends.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
He just looks so confused, happy, and worried for you all at the same time! Adorable little snake.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
You almost gave me a heart attack. Bleary pre coffee, just looking at the coloration, not noticing the head and incoming Hannah! Oh wait, what's with all that white? Oh.... duhhhh.

The Snark

Old Timer
Over reaction. Gun shy. I see creamy whitish tummy and what could be white circumferential stripes and my limp brain goes

The Snark

Old Timer
Our yard is completely overgrown, the rainy season foliage deluge. I'm adamantly refusing to allow things to be cut back and mowed as we have baby T holes appearing everywhere. So most of our yard is out of bounds (at least to the unwary) as we are a cobra highway to the frog hunting grounds of the rice fields across the road. That equates to YIPES every time I see a snake that could remotely resemble one. You won't be seeing them in the yard until you are about to step on it.

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
Our yard is completely overgrown, the rainy season foliage deluge. I'm adamantly refusing to allow things to be cut back and mowed as we have baby T holes appearing everywhere. So most of our yard is out of bounds (at least to the unwary) as we are a cobra highway to the frog hunting grounds of the rice fields across the road. That equates to YIPES every time I see a snake that could remotely resemble one. You won't be seeing them in the yard until you are about to step on it.
We have cotton mouths and copperheads, but I don't usually see those in the yard. Can't say I never have though.

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
"You can't see me! I'm just a branch!"
image.jpeg
I was trying to get the best photo for quite a bit before he even flicked his little black tongue. (Or hers. I didn't try to figure that out.)

The Snark

Old Timer
Naw. I give it more credit than that. I'll label that last pic, 'You aren't buying this, are you?'
If you get your quick snapshots down you are welcome to come over here and grab some pics of our Aheatulla. I've got about 40 shots of the last few inches of a tail. (A snake that hunts gecks and skinks for a living has got the zoom stuff down pat.)

Last edited:

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Is happy off on his happy little adventure, or is he hanging out around your house still?

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
You-gulp-live where th-there's k-king cobras?! (faints)

The Snark

Old Timer
You-gulp-live where th-there's k-king cobras?
Over the course of one summer I dealt with about 45 rattlers in and around a bush next to the hitching rail. Kings are a stroll in the park in comparison. They are very smart and always have an agenda, a purpose and a focus. Just avoid getting involved in their tea parties. See one, just freeze in your tracks. They will go on about their business and completely ignore you even if you are brushing up against it.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Over the course of one summer I dealt with about 45 rattlers in and around a bush next to the hitching rail. Kings are a stroll in the park in comparison. They are very smart and always have an agenda, a purpose and a focus. Just avoid getting involved in their tea parties. See one, just freeze in your tracks. They will go on about their business and completely ignore you even if you are brushing up against it.
Jeez. Good to know. Yeah, I've dealt with rattlers when out hiking esp. in Oct. They're hunting aggressively for their winter hibernation, and will take on anything that has a pulse.