Fighting P.imps

BadBikaDamo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I decided to put a male and female P.imp together today for breeding as they are now both mature enough. I've followed the same procedure as I always do, but these two have been fighting for four hours now. I use a piece of perspex to block the stings so no hits have landed yet, but it is like a boxing match. They go into their seperate hides for 10 min. then one will run over to the other and of they go again. I've never had a couple battle for more than 30 min before. I'm about to split them up again, has anyone else had a couple fight this long but eventually get along?

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I decided to put a male and female P.imp together today for breeding as they are now both mature enough. I've followed the same procedure as I always do, but these two have been fighting for four hours now. I use a piece of perspex to block the stings so no hits have landed yet, but it is like a boxing match. They go into their seperate hides for 10 min. then one will run over to the other and of they go again. I've never had a couple battle for more than 30 min before. I'm about to split them up again, has anyone else had a couple fight this long but eventually get along?

Never no fights maybe they was trying to breed. Maybe try giving some extra hides depending on how big the tank is or whatever!

BadBikaDamo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's the same set up as I always use, a 30gal tank, 2 hides and lots of other places they can hide. They are definately trying to get shots in. I guess this date didn't work out.

Cheers

Damo

BadBikaDamo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Maybe your female is pregnant and wants him to stay away?? :?
Hey, you may be right. the female was store bought a while back, it is her that is being the most aggressive in the end, the male was hiding and she was running up to his hide and attacking,and getting more ferocious. she even started chomping a locust whilst still attacking. Thy where both well fed before I put them together. I've done this before with no real drama, so either you are right, or she is just bad to the exoskeleton.

Cheers

Damo

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey, you may be right. the female was store bought a while back, it is her that is being the most aggressive in the end, the male was hiding and she was running up to his hide and attacking,and getting more ferocious. she even started chomping a locust whilst still attacking. Thy where both well fed before I put them together. I've done this before with no real drama, so either you are right, or she is just bad to the exoskeleton.

Cheers

Damo

Yea my mom bought me 2 females from the petstore and one was pregnant because they were both big but only one was pregnant but no aggression. I dont know if yours is or not id have to see a picture or if she looks fat and the black plates on her back are spread apart she might be also try looking on the side of her and if you see white things its babies!!

BadBikaDamo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I dont know if yours is or not id have to see a picture or if she looks fat and the black plates on her back are spread apart she might be also try looking on the side of her and if you see white things its babies!!
There are no visible signs of being gravid yet, but that is not to say she mated just before I bought her, I'll find out in a year or so:clap: She is CB so should be fairly sociable. They are seperate again now. think I'll try another mate next week.

Thanks for advice

Damo

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
These fights also occured with my emps when I still kept them. Just as with your case, my female was a real biiiiaaatch and noticably more agressive then the male.
I tried to introduce the male twice, and in both cases she rushed at him like there was no tomorrow and kicked his scorpionbehind. So I concur,
not a succesful date! ;)