Field Herping West Texas 2010

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Just thought I would share a few shots from the past couple months. Almost all are Crotalus atrox. The first pics are from this past Saturday night.

I found this girl right at the end of my driveway, the first time I saw her she was actually in my yard.

This bad boy was the next snake of the night.

It is taking me forever to resize these pics, so that is all for now, I will post more later.

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ok, here are some more from last Saturday night. This was the tiniest neonate atrox I have ever seen. To move it off the road I had to use 12" rubber tipped tweezers, haha.

Also, if anyone wants larger sizes of these photos for backgrounds, feel free to ask. :cool:

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here are some more pics of neonates. One of these was caught in my neighbors carport, and the other in her backyard. To save their necks I took them out to my ranch and released them.

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Some more random pics:

This is the snake from the first post, the first time I saw her in my yard. It's a bad cell phone shot, cause she booked it before I could get my big cam.

Another snake in my yard, this one was about 4' from my front door. See if you can find it.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
WOW. those first two shots are absolutely gorgeous. well done with beautiful snakes.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Texas Blonde, Fantastic pics! That is one tiny w. diamondback! Rhinocheilus lecontei are beautiful but alas.... missed out on them on my W Tx. field trip in 2000. I'm a bit rusty on colubrids and can't make out the last one. Either w coachwhip or one of the whipsnakes (now watch it be w indigo {D)

Thanks for sharing,

Terry

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sky, amazing looking pictures, thanks for sharing them!

Got to get a chance to go herping in your neck of the woods eventually!

Wadew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sky,
Nice to share with us. Nothing more exciting then a snake in the grass! That baby is a cutie!

Thank you
Wade

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Awesome shots Sky!Looks like you really have to watch your step walking round your yard hehe!
-Chris

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Echo previous comments, really nice shots and thanks for uploading them :clap:

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Fantastic photos... Thanks for sharing. The first few are really impressive. I really love the depth of field. I know it was necessary due to ambient light, but it really frames the photos perfectly.

Great job...

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Cool snakes!, yeah a coachwhip, did the Wildhorse S. thing ever happen this year?, that's where I stay when I go, I always stay in the mobile there lol, I like it. I think I should start going with other people, I always get pulled over and questioned because I have always gone alone so I look suspicious to BP, police, etc.

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Cool snakes!, yeah a coachwhip, did the Wildhorse S. thing ever happen this year?, that's where I stay when I go, I always stay in the mobile there lol, I like it. I think I should start going with other people, I always get pulled over and questioned because I have always gone alone so I look suspicious to BP, police, etc.
I'd be down to go with you! Maybe we can get a small group this summer.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Awesome pics Sky !, makes me want to visit down there again soon. Miss the great land down there. Thanks for sharing.

Later, Tom