Fffff NOW you're available!

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
I can’t help that you cannot communicate effectively
Your lack of understanding is not a reflection of poor communication in my part. Perhaps you should learn to read more carefully.

You would have been more effective if you had left price out. I would have agreeed
Ah ok, I see where the problem is here. You’re under the impression that I actually care about your approval. So, my apologies for misleading you.

If you don’t understand that point I can’t help you
I’m going to let you have the last word and finish the pointless argument that you started. Because I don’t have the energy for your nonsense. And shame on me for taking the bait for all the circular arguments you seem to love so much on here.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Living in a 1 bedroom flat has it's limits.
Caring for 22 arachnids is more than enough for me right now.

sschind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Shelf space and my wife are obstacles. Otherwise I would get them all!!

Wives do take up a lot of space. Not physically themselves perhaps but with all their "accessories"

You could probaby fit in a few more if... Well, I'm just sayin'

Dman

Arachnosquire
Wives do take up a lot of space. Not physically themselves perhaps but with all their "accessories"

You could probaby fit in a few more if... Well, I'm just sayin'
That's the difference! I want to collect more T's. I have no desire to collect more wives. My girl is more than enough to handle.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
A pet store that I really enjoy and support finally has a Davus Pentaloris! And she's being sold at a decent price.

:arghh:

I was leaning towards getting one as my first and she's so pretty. Hnvfgffffff it's so far out of my way, but she's the only one available but I already have four spiders.

How do you guys handle not running out and buying up every spider????

View attachment 307780
Did they change scientific name of this species? Was c fasciatum???
Wish I had one .

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Did they change scientific name of this species? Was c fasciatum???
Wish I had one .
It's another case of misidentification within the hobby. Cyclosternum fasciatum was indeed moved to genus Davus as D. fasciatus, but these have not been in the hobby. What were imported and labelled as C. fasciatum (now D. fasciatus) were always D. pentaloris.

sschind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's the difference! I want to collect more T's. I have no desire to collect more wives. My girl is more than enough to handle.
Six of one, half a dozen of the other. Or in this case one of one and several dozen of the other.

Maybe I should have been a little more specific.:D I meant you could fit in a few more tarantulas...if. I can't think of anyone in his right mind who wants more than one wife although my cousin collects ex wives like some people do tarantulas. Talk about your expensive hobby.

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
How do you guys handle not running out and buying up every spider????
Sheer willpower lol and also the time commitment thing, whenever I want a new T I normally buy slings and I try to buy in bulk at a discounted price, usually 5-10 of one species gets me around half the price of buying just one from a breeder, this way I get to choose the best growers or colours etc out of the batch I've got and when I'm ready to choose the keepers around 6-18 months later, I either swap or sell the other ones I've raised, at a bigger size and make a bit to upgrade my gear or maybe buy another 5-10 slings to start the process again, there's method to my madness but if I can say one thing is that it's taught me patience.

Garetyl

Arachnoknight
I didn't have the willpower to resist. :zipit: I'm getting her today.

Screenshot_20190525-160222.png
Guuuuuuys

Last edited by a moderator: