Fertilizers on plants

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just bought a golden pothos plant from walmart. What I'm worried about is that it is currently planted with fertilizers. I'm worried that some of the fertilizers might stick to the plant. What should I do about this. Would washing it in a sink be alright?
Would it be alright to let the plant soak
In water until the dirt fell off.

Last edited:

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just bought a golden pothos plant from walmart. What I'm worried about is that it is currently planted with fertilizers. I'm worried that some of the fertilizers might stick to the plant. What should I do about this. Would washing it in a sink be alright?
Would it be alright to let the plant soak
In water until the dirt fell off.
How do you know it has been planted with fertilizers? That isn't something I have seen much of. Often they put perlite in the pots, which are little white balls of volcanic glass. If you are seeing those, they are not fertilizers.

I wouldn't soak the plant, but rinsing it off is a good idea before putting it in a tank no matter what.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the only thing you can do is give a good rinse, and hope for the best....i usually keep a couple large pothos around the house, to take clippings off of...they have no problem thriveing in a deli cup of water ,till theirs enough roots to throw'em in the dirt;)

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
What are the little white balls full of liquid stuff.
Perlite. It's volcanic rock that's extremely poreous so it can hold alot of water. It's used to keep soil moist for longer peroids of time, and its also great for humidity chambers when growing mushrooms- but thats a different story lol. Perlite is inert chemically, so it wont hurt the T's.