Fertility and feeding

Justin375666

Arachnopeon
Hi guys recently I’ve just bought my first ever slings phormictopus atrichomatus and davus pentaloris. When I’ve asked seller for feeding advice he told me that once a week its fair enough as over feeding can make male infertile and fame will produce less eggs. Can someone tell me is that true? Should i feed them once a week or maybe two?

vancwa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not True! Do not listen to them. Go to YouTube and watch Tom Moran's offerings. You will find the knowledge you seek.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Hi guys recently I’ve just bought my first ever slings phormictopus atrichomatus and davus pentaloris.
Post some pictures of the ts and their enclosures. How big are they? That's what we need to give proper advice. :)
When I’ve asked seller for feeding advice he told me that once a week its fair enough
True. Depending on the size of the T.
as over feeding can make male infertile and fame will produce less eggs.
Never heard of that before... :rolleyes:
Should i feed them once a week or maybe two?
Again, depends on the size of the T. ;)

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi guys recently I’ve just bought my first ever slings phormictopus atrichomatus and davus pentaloris. When I’ve asked seller for feeding advice he told me that once a week its fair enough as over feeding can make male infertile and fame will produce less eggs. Can someone tell me is that true? Should i feed them once a week or maybe two?
Not true! Feed them once or twice a week. A fastgrewing speicies like P atrichomatus i would personally feed twice a week! They can be defenssive when larger so watch your fingers

cold blood

Staff member
Thats one of the stupidest things ive heard in a while from a seller.

Breeding would be one place where a fat female would have an advantage as they could produce LARGER sacs.

Tarantulas do NOT benefit from any set feeding schedules.

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It's baffling how many pet store workers and reptile dealers either just make sh-- up or unknowingly pass along atrociously incorrect information. When I don't know something I say "I don't know, but I can look it up for you", instead of just guessing or making something up.

Justin375666

Arachnopeon
Both of them are L2 and i will post pics of them tomorow. I wonder why he told me that stupid stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: