Female versi just molted. Check the pics!

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This girl was in premolt for almost 2 months. I was starting to get a bit worried about her actually but Wed., to my surprise (and relief) I discovered her standing over her old exo looking as stunning as could be. If you don't own a versi, there's really no way to describe the feeling of when you see their colors renewed. You just have to experience it. The pics didn't do jusitice in my opinion but...well, here ya go. LOL!

Hope you like.

Atrax

Attachments

Last edited:

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
In this one, I wanted to try some different lighting so I pulled up the fluorescent desk lamp from my son's room. It really seperated the blue from the green in the carapace.

Atrax

Attachments

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Awesome. Can't wait till freak looks like that.

Bill

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow, she's, WOW..
Can't wait till my new versi molts. Its in pre molt, I think. It flips on its back, then turn back over again. Its been doing this for a week.:? :?
Did yours do that?

Ernie

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I didn't notice anything like that Ernie. That's pretty odd actually. Who knows what the little monster's up to. :? S'lings today, huh? ;)

See ya.

Atrax

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awesome pics and what a beauty!!

Thanks for posting, Atrax! I'm waiting on several of mine to grow up as well! such incredibly beautiful animals, and definitely amongst my top faves!

Later,

Paul

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
isnt it strange how even fresh after a molt they all have that bald spot on the end of their abdomen?
Ed

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Great pics! This has to be one of the most pretty T's. How long have you had your, do they grow fast ? Is that Bold spot there after Shed or is that a differance in the hair thier?:?

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's not a bald spot, it's a reflective patch. Just hairs with almost a silver, glass-like reflection. They're quite beautiful. Wanderful pics Atrax. I know exactly what you mean about trying to justify their colors with a camera...it's almost impossible. But she looks absolutely stunning with what you did capture. As we are on the subject of Versis, Atrax, could you do me a HUGE favor and maybe post or e-mail me some pictures of your setup? I am new to arboreals and would love some ideas on a good enclosure. What I have her in now is marvelous...but it's too marvelous; I never see her. She loves her corkbark (hotglued to the side of a tall, fairly wide Rubbermaid container, surrownded by fake plants and very humid) hideout; in fact she has area where I can see into the plastic completely funneled away where I cannot see in. Do you see yours often or is she as much of a recluse as mine is? Thanks.

In Him,
Marcus

Dafne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Beautiful spider you've got :)
Great pics and congratulation on the successful molt :D

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Damn....

those pictures RULE! You guys make it so hard. Hopefully at the Reptile Expo next week there aren't too many spiders that I want (just a few ;) ).

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by atavuss
isnt it strange how even fresh after a molt they all have that bald spot on the end of their abdomen?
Ed
Like they said, it's not a bald spot. It's their mirror patch. The camera didn't really pick up the glare though the way it did with the carapace and such. I'll shoot a pic tomorrow from the backside and you'll see. I don't know the significance of the mirror patch though. Perhaps something to ward off predators? :?

Atrax

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Ephesians
It's not a bald spot, it's a reflective patch. Just hairs with almost a silver, glass-like reflection. They're quite beautiful. Wanderful pics Atrax. I know exactly what you mean about trying to justify their colors with a camera...it's almost impossible. But she looks absolutely stunning with what you did capture. As we are on the subject of Versis, Atrax, could you do me a HUGE favor and maybe post or e-mail me some pictures of your setup? I am new to arboreals and would love some ideas on a good enclosure. What I have her in now is marvelous...but it's too marvelous; I never see her. She loves her corkbark (hotglued to the side of a tall, fairly wide Rubbermaid container, surrownded by fake plants and very humid) hideout; in fact she has area where I can see into the plastic completely funneled away where I cannot see in. Do you see yours often or is she as much of a recluse as mine is? Thanks.

In Him,
Marcus
Hi Marcus.
I'd be happy to post some pics of the set up. The thing is though that I just did a cage maintenance. It was time. Chances are that if your Avic is really webbing and making itself at home, it's just that, at home and happy. Anyhow, it will look as if I'm able to see her whenever I please due to the lack of webbing but in no time, I'll be in the same boat as you. Trying to be content just occasionally seeing her sillhouette, or the tarsus of her front legs.
I'll get the pics tomorrow, ok? Cool. :)

See ya.

Atrax

p.s. Thanks for the compliments guys! :)

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
wow, my gosh! i have 2 versi slings but your pic is my new wallpaper!:) That is just a beautiful t! Everyone needs a versi eh?;)

James

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Rock on, Atrax; I appreciate it. I really cannot wait until mine moults, she will be so bootiful with her fresh new colors. Plus that will give me an excuse to do some good cage maintenance and hold her for a while. It's a shame she doesn't come out often because she has proven to be one the THE best handling Ts. (Not that I am suggesting to anyone that they should handle their Ts, especially for extremely skittesh T's, as they could fall and injure themselves or attack and injure you as well). But in my case, I do like to experience my Ts in all of their glory and my versi is truly one of the best Ts I've handled. Anyhoo...thanks again.

In Him,
Marcus

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Ephesians
It's not a bald spot, it's a reflective patch. Just hairs with almost a silver, glass-like reflection. They're quite beautiful. In Him,
Marcus
hmmm.........never really got my face right down next to my adult female versicolors and noticed there are hairs on that spot.....plus mine are webbed up and not that easy to see.
Ed