Female regalis thumping

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My pair of regalis are side-by-side on the T shelf, and last night I was awakened by loud thumping coming from the T shelf. I got up, waited a few, and heard the thumping again, apparently coming from the females enclosure.
Ive been feeding her now,for a week, after recovering from her molt, so she will be happily full before introducing my MM regalis. Is this a sign she is reacting to the male being close?

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My female regalis used to drum all the time even with no male around. I'd give her a couple months before introducing the male to her.

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Do you mean that your female is only 1 week after her molt, or that you've been feeding her heavily for a week now? If it's 1 week from the molt, I'd definitely wait a bit longer to do introductions, but if she's really drumming and he's drumming back, then I guess she thinks it's time.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Shes fully recovered from the molt which I think was around 3 weeks ago, and shes been eating normally for 1 week now, Ive heard her drumming, but not sure if the male has responded.

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well, if it were me, I'd park my chair near the T containers and watch to see what the male is doing while she's drumming. His movements can be anything from drumming back, or a kind of restless shifting or twitching so slight that you barely see him move. But she'll feel it, and she'll respond with more drumming. If he's responding with any movement at all and he's spun a web, then heck, go ahead and introduce them. She seems to think she's ready.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ive already seen the remains of a sperm web, so Ill get up and watch them if the drumming goes on tonite. Hopefully both will react.