Female P. Metallica purchase

Ancistrus

Arachnopeon
Is a confirmed female p. Met for $150 a good price? The size is about 3 inches.

Thanks.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Is a confirmed female p. Met for $150 a good price? The size is about 3 inches.

Thanks.
I'd say so! That's cheaper than most I've seen. In fact, people sell them unsexed for over $100. Do they have a molt to show you?

Ancistrus

Arachnopeon
Well, I have not seen the the T yet, the guy that I am buying from is getting it from another guy that claims its a female.

But regardless male or female still a good price? I am really hoping for a girl though.

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
If it's a male no its not a good price. But I am from Europe so I don't know what you usually pay for P.Metallica in the US. Your best bet is to check out what other breeders sell P.Metallica for and compare their offers to yours.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
So your buying from a guy that doesn't have it in his possession yet?From someone else?
Did the person breed the T himself?( the first guy that has it now).
Do you know if it is truly a P.metallica,not a species cross.
IMO,buyer beware.

iwlim

Arachnopeon
I'd be careful, but if its legitimate then it's the deal of a lifetime

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Who are these people you're buying from? Do you know them personally? Like, would these be people you would trust? Or just two random dudes who probably view you as a paycheck? I'd be a little cautious, too. In the T world, you WILL find folks who prey on unknowing buyers. They'll tell you ANY T Is a female to get you to pay more for it.

So here's the thing: I've seen unsexed P. metallica range from $75 to $125, depending on size. When you tack on shipping costs, it gets pretty close to what you're about to pay for this T. However, unsexed T's give you a 50/50 shot of getting the sex you're looking for (some people DO wants males, after all). So a lot of this decision would be on you.

How about you ask the seller for some pictures? Perhaps some pictures of the abdomen and/or inside of the last molt, if they have it. Then show us the pictures, and see what everyone says.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
I got a T as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago. My family member meant well and I loved the "female" that he paid female pricing for. I did end up trading "her" after "she" molted, got boxing gloves and spun a sperm web.

Just a warning. Be sure it's a female before you pay for a female.

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
As far as the price goes, whatever is worth it to you. I have paid extra for what I want in the past, and still will pay extra now if it means buying from someone trustworthy rather than someone that I have no info on. I definitely agree with taking caution with your purchase, confirmed females are generally more expensive than that. At least from what I've seen

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Good thing is that at that size, it will be very easy to sex ventrally.
Care to elaborate, so the OP can do this on his/her own? I'd also like to know as well, this is a piece of info I haven't absorbed yet.

Abyss

Arachnoknight
Sounds like a male to me that someone wants to unload. Just my initial reaction

Ancistrus

Arachnopeon
This is a purchase from a reptile store and the owner said he just sold a p. Met female, but said that he would be getting another one maybe next week for about $150, but price may change. He said he would have to check with his supplier/breeder though.

Abyss

Arachnoknight
This is a purchase from a reptile store and the owner said he just sold a p. Met female, but said that he would be getting another one maybe next week for about $150, but price may change. He said he would have to check with his supplier/breeder though.
Ugh, pet stores :(
Best of luck!!!!!
Get a GUARANTEE then so if/when it turns out male u can get a refund or ur $ back!!!!

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Personally, I wouldn't chance it. I'd just buy one from someone reputable on here or a reputable online dealer. It will cost more but you can be sure you're getting exactly what you're paying for and won't have to go through the hassle of trying to get a refund if it turns out to be a MM.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Ugh, pet stores :(
Best of luck!!!!!
Get a GUARANTEE then so if/when it turns out male u can get a refund or ur $ back!!!!
Well, a mom and pap reptile store is better than a Petco. But even so, reptile stores specialize in reptiles and know a lot about reptiles. Yes, many of them happen to also carry inverts because they fall into the "unusual pet" category. But it doesn't always mean they know a lot about them. Unless the owner happens to be really into T's as well. That, we don't know.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
at 3" even if its male thats not a bad price. if it IS female thats about half what it COULD go for. Even if it is male, at 3" it wont be too long until it matures and becomes a very valuable bargaining chip for trades or loans.

cold blood

Staff member
Care to elaborate, so the OP can do this on his/her own? I'd also like to know as well, this is a piece of info I haven't absorbed yet.
Pokies are just easy to vent sex by 2"

Males usually show a "button", above the slit.