Female I think

M13

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey up

I'm still new to sexing T's but I think my B emilia who shed this morning is female if I am looking at the right bit

any ideas?

cheers for the help

Kain

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
Hey up

I'm still new to sexing T's but I think my B emilia who shed this morning is female if I am looking at the right bit

any ideas?

cheers for the help

Kain
I think I see a flap too. but a closer pic woul dbe nice... maybe blown up?

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Open up the the moult so that both sets of book lungs are exposed to be 100%, but it looks like it may be female to me.

Is there a " flap " between the upper book lungs ?

M13

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Is thats one any better?

Looks like theres a flap to me, but I'm unsure.

Kain

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yup it does move slighty :D

Kain
Congrats on your girlie!! How big is she? Sometimes i also look at the exo in the dark and shine a flash light from underneath and you can see really good that way too. i have also noticed that the girlie parts can look considerably different between different species - i always try to confirm my findings by checking a pic of the same speices on AB until i am familiar with all of them. Pretty cool huh?

M13

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Shes about 2 1/2 inch now, maybe pushing on 3 inch.

I'm still new to sexing even if I have got 37 of the beasts lol.

Thanks for the link too, I will bookmark it for future reference :)

Cheers for the help

Kain

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yeah it's the uterus externus that you wanna look for. It normally lays against the spermathecae.. You can prize it away but i guess it'll be a bit fiddly in something so small. Congrats!

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Males can have small skin flaps so that doesn't mean a whole lot. A female would be more obvious so based on being unsure, I'm going with male. I see no signs of a spermathecae. It's just hard to see unless you have a microscope. Good luck.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
At 2 and 1/2 inches it should be more obvious now. I am not saying it's not female, but you'd better wait another molt before you can be more sure. I have a molt somewhere of my female that's right at 3" and the flap is very very noticeable. So for now I'll agree with cheetah and go with male.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
In a male the flappy bit would be the accesory organs. As i said, looking for the spermathecae is good, but you wanna find the uterus externus. Thats the bit that you're looking for that says 100% female. In Brachypelma sp. it's normally pretty prominent. I dont think emilia has fused spermathecae does it?

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
In a male the flappy bit would be the accesory organs. As i said, looking for the spermathecae is good, but you wanna find the uterus externus. Thats the bit that you're looking for that says 100% female. In Brachypelma sp. it's normally pretty prominent. I dont think emilia has fused spermathecae does it?
i was looking for an example and found this one. Maybe Ryan can comment on whether or not that is in fact a decent female example.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/gall...hp?i=3661&c=10

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yeah i found that pic you are seeing i think, but that link too me straight to the home page?

This one??

This is female. You can clearly see the spermathecae and they do look fused...

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah i found that pic you are seeing i think, but that link too me straight to the home page?

This is female. You can clearly see the spermathecae and they do look fused...
Oops... Sorry about the link; i should have checked it. But Yes that is the one i was referring to. i think it is pretty interesting how different the spermathecae are fused on some and not on others; overall varying how they look on the various species.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ya that is a great example of a female. That's why I am reserving my opinion still as male till there is at least one more molt. If there is spermathecae it's not that pronounced yet, but if it's there it should be very clear on the next molt.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thats what i thought. I think male coz i would of thought the spermathecae would be more obvious by now? The spider in that good female pic is only 3"