Female H. pulchripes.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Say I run across a 4" female H. pulchripes. What's a fair price? I've been looking and looking and can't seem to find one that size and confirmed female to compare prices.

Thoughts?

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
To give our thoughts we would need to know the price of the one you are looking at

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
To give our thoughts we would need to know the price of the one you are looking at
He isn't looking at any specific one. He's asking what a 4" female might go for.

Honestly with slings at the price they are now I could see a female being sold for over $300.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
My mistake, it's very early, I read it that you found one and we're asking if the price was fair :D

A MF h pulchripes could easily go for 300

I'd expect something like 275-350 being a price range.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I actually found one for $300. But I was making sure of the going rate. I'd hate to buy a spider for $300 if I can get one for half the price.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
A fair price is ultimately one that you feel you received a good value irrespective of what the rest of the world thinks.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A fair price is ultimately one that you feel you received a good value irrespective of what the rest of the world thinks.
That is true. But I tend to lean more towards, "Do I have to spend that much, or can I get the same thing for less somewhere else?

The person has several different Ts. The only two I'd be interested in were the H. pulchripes and the female OBT. But I also have to consider the 2.5 hour drive in a truck that does not do well on gas! Haha

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@Redneck

My point was no matter what you spend on a given object/service someone is going to say "That's too much" OR "I wouldn't spend X on Y".

So again, it doesn't matter what you spend, ultimately someone will disagree for various reasons hah. All that matters is if you think it's a fair deal, because it's YOUR money, nothing more.

I think a fair price is $150, and anything over that isn't worth MY money, esp for a baboon, BUT, $250+ MAY be worth YOUR money. Get it?

Last edited:

cold blood

Staff member
$300? :eek:
You guys reallt really need to start breeding your own over there!
They haven't been here all that long...and with as much as the prices have dropped recently, its pretty clear theyre being bred at a decent pace.....not enough, I mean, I want some $10 ones already.:smug:

JohnDapiaoen

Arachnobro
Old Timer
I dropped $250 on a juvenile female last year... not that it matters but I later sexed it male and got a refund. I'd probably do it again so yeah around $300 imo.

-JohnD.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
[QUOTE="EulersK, post: 2540253, member: 69532"adult female T. stirmi here in the States for $80. How much are yours? ;)[/QUOTE]
'tips hat' this round is yours good sir ;)

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Angel Minkov]: 2540386 said:
What do you mean? Mature female H. pulchripes go for about the same price here in EU as well ^^
At 4inch, it is not yet mature right? OP isn't asking for mature female. I've seen them go for that size for 150 on Terraristik.

cold blood

Staff member
At 4inch, it is not yet mature right? OP isn't asking for mature female. I've seen them go for that size for 150 on Terraristik.
While I don't keep them, I would expect a 4" female to be mature.