Feeiding crayfish,shrimps and small cramps

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Has anyone ever tried to feed small crayfish,shrimps or cramps to slings or adult Ts?

I'm thinking of doing so and just want to hear some more thoughts of other T keepers.

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
easier to find than crickets and stuff.:D

Nemesis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
AAAHHHH!!!!!

NONONONONO!!!!!

I. Crustaceans are intermediate hosts for tons of parasites, as well as being the garbage collectors of the rivers/lakes/ponds etc. Can you say nemotodes..... how about schistosomes and amoebes?

II. Because of their eating habits and physiologies, they tend to harbor, not excrete toxins. You would be unnecessarily exposing your T's to large amounts of harmfil chemicals.

Last year Kat and Raven, 2 of my extreamly healthy adult female GSDs munched out on some crayfish. We are talking dogs that have on frequent, occasions gang slain and consumed skunks, armadillos, rats, snakes......(yes, I'm hanging my head in shame, and no I do not condone this sociopathic behavior-so-don't-send-me-nasty-emails). They caught them live in a stream in which we frequently swim. They were on drips for 7 days and I nearly lost Kat. Initially the vet thought it was Lepto, but after extensive tests, it turned out to be nematodes from the crayfish. If 100 + lbs mammals with extensive physiologies designed to protect them from thr ravages of parasites can get that sick from a few crayfish, I wouldn't recommend feeding them to T's.

Kelly O
Canine Constructs of Tallahassee

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by vardoulas
Has anyone ever tried to feed small crayfish,shrimps or cramps to slings or adult Ts?

I'm thinking of doing so and just want to hear some more thoughts of other T keepers.
What's a cramp? :?