Feedings Ts .5-.75 in size

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What do you feed these guys? could i just chop the head off a normal sized cricked and just put it in there, or what?

JuGGaL0K0W

Arachnopeon
I rip the back legs off crickets and drop them in. They will scavange and find the meal. Just remember to take them out the next day because they can cause mold issues if left to long.

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So rip the head and the back legs off? or just the back legs?

LV-426

Arachnobaron
if you have acess to pinhead crickets that should also work

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
And a 1inch i should keep in a deli cup or something small like that. Correct?

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have also (on occasion) cut up both mealworms and waxworms, as well very very young roach nymphs for slings the size you are describing.

aren't nearly as hard to feed as little ant sized .25", thats where the dismembering of crickets will finally start and stop once it will take bigger pre-killed prey. i can only imagine the flightless fruit flies and a sac of dwarf T slings like C. elegans being an absolute pain in the rear to feed :-/

BQC123

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was cutting 1/2" crickets into four pieces for my slings at this size. Just like carving a turkey.

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
if you have acess to pinhead crickets that should also work
Pinhead crix is the best food but if u dont have any access to pinheads, ripped hind leg is the best. IME, I smash it a little bit so that the "meat and juice" part comes out and it would be easier for the slings to munch on it...

Jon3800

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is how I feed mine. These T.gigas were 1/2 inch when I got them.
I take crickets and split their body

[YOUTUBE]voDnmrol0ZI[/YOUTUBE]

Abby

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm a bit squeamish, so I would freeze the crickets, and they are much easier to cut when they are frozen.
I would use a plastic knife, and cut them in half.
They would thaw out in about a minute, and my slings always ate them.
They didn't mind that it was frozen meals.

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
@Jon3800 your videos are the best, and i watch them ALL THE TIMES first off.
second thank you everyone for your input, much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Also! How often should a sling this size be fed??

Rob1985

This user has no status.
I just cut small/pinhead crickets up and drop them in.

Jon3800

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How many times a week do you feed them? a .5" that is
I feed mine the same as my juveniles-adults. once every 2 weeks. Everytime I make a new feeding video that is the day I feed all the Ts. I record the ones that attacks the prey. I could feed them once a week (which is good enough), not never more than that. I really hate powerfeeding slings. I enjoy them growing slower than normal, and more long-lived. Glad you like the videos man

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cool cool, i just didnt want to get them and not feed them right and have 2 B. Smithis slings die on me that would be horrible.

kean

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
if you don't have access to pinheads.. or roachlings (B. Lateralis) you can feed them cut crix or worms as what the others said..

how often do you feed..?? well if you want them to grow fast you can feed them daily (powerfeeding).. til it stops and then wait for it to molt.. (i only suggest this if you don't have much access to live food for spiderlings..)

I myself is not a fan of powerfeeding.. but i feed at least once or twice a week with food not bigger that their abdomen.. :D

Speedy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
See, I wouldn't rip the leg of a cricket any more than I would a spider/tarantula, so I just crush the head of a pinhead. At about .50" mine were able to handle live pinheads.

And if not true pinheads, MOST places sell 'pin heads' that are just real small crickets, they work too.

Flightless fruit flies are fine live most of the time. OR at least they were fin with my .25" babies.