Feeding

ScottN

Arachnopeon
Hello, I have Desert Hairy and a Asian forest scorpion which I've been told both will eat dubia roaches. The DH is on sand and the AF on Repti-bark.
If I put the roaches in, will they burrow not to be seen again and then not get fed to the scorpion or will the scorpions find them even if burrowed.

Thank you

Lewis Catlin

Arachnoknight
Dubai roaches will burrow yes. When I feed Dubai’s if the animal does not eat immediately I take it out. Always good to have a supply of another feeder such as Turkistan roaches (Red Runners) as they don’t burrow and are good feeders for all sizes of scorpions.

ScottN

Arachnopeon
Dubai roaches will burrow yes. When I feed Dubai’s if the animal does not eat immediately I take it out. Always good to have a supply of another feeder such as Turkistan roaches (Red Runners) as they don’t burrow and are good feeders for all sizes of scorpions.
Thank you so much

fried rice

Arachnoknight
Hello, I have Desert Hairy and a Asian forest scorpion which I've been told both will eat dubia roaches. The DH is on sand and the AF on Repti-bark.
If I put the roaches in, will they burrow not to be seen again and then not get fed to the scorpion or will the scorpions find them even if burrowed.

Thank you
Bark is not good substrate for scorpions.