Feeding

Amr17

Arachnopeon
Hello,
I have 2 baby giant asians and I'm concerned about their eating. I have had for a few weeks and I have never actually seen them eat. I have put small live crickets in multiple times, but they spend most of their day inside their burrow under hide rock. They rarely come out and when they do, they seem to run away from the crickets. However every night I put them in , I don't see them in the morning. Are they definitely eating them, or can the crickets hide in the dirt themselves?? How many crickets do scorpions normally eat/should I be putting in for 2? I have put from 3-6 each feeding so far....

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
I would definately look under their hide. I use use to think my desert hairy was eating his too but turned out he would kill them and not eat them I found 2 dead crickets under his Hide lol. And crickets will mold. Chances are they are eating them but double check to be safe. 2 crickets a week Is good. 3 if younger usually works

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Scorplings scavenge. Try pre killed, place it a body length or two outside of where they burrow, remove after 48 hours to avoid mold and attracting mites. Repeat 4-5 days later.
A scorpion, if not hungry, will kill prey that is bothersome.
I offer pre killed to all my scorplings until they've fully acclimated to the enclosure. The time varies w/h each specimen, a few days to weeks.
Feed scorplings twice weekly, on average, one appropriate sized prey each time. Keep an eye on their terglites, when they show separation they're pre molt and usually fast, so beware. I've yet to have one molt in their burrow, usually in the open, but still near the burrow. Heterometrus scorplings need to be kept on moist substrate at all times. If space permits have a water dish available also.

do0gles

Arachnopeon
Hello,
I have 2 baby giant asians and I'm concerned about their eating. I have had for a few weeks and I have never actually seen them eat. I have put small live crickets in multiple times, but they spend most of their day inside their burrow under hide rock. They rarely come out and when they do, they seem to run away from the crickets. However every night I put them in , I don't see them in the morning. Are they definitely eating them, or can the crickets hide in the dirt themselves?? How many crickets do scorpions normally eat/should I be putting in for 2? I have put from 3-6 each feeding so far....
My adults eat maybe once a week. The crickets will hide under any substrate or hiding areas. Have you tried Dubai Roaches (small)? My Scorpions seem to really enjoy these.