Feeding wild birds.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
It's that time of year again. Fall is here and winter is coming fast. Time to get those Feeders bank up and full of seed.
I hadn't filled my feeders since September. I cleaned them and filled them on Sunday and it took about 3 hours for the birds to realize the buffet was open again.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
With the major finch species irruption in the northern states it's a great time to have feeders out. Crossbills, siskins, redpolls, etc., all coming much further south than normal. Man I wish I still lived in Illinois.....

For the folks living in areas where they can't have a feeder (myself included, my apartment doesn't allow stuff like that), check out the Cornell FeederWatch cameras. They've got cameras set up in various places around the world and are very relaxing to watch - https://www.allaboutbirds.org/cams/cornell-lab-feederwatch/

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Growl. I can't attract vultures to a fresh road kill then my sister-in-law goes out with a hot glued home made contraption, hangs it on a wall and has to shoo off the hummingbirds who will drink it dry three times a day.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
With the major finch species irruption in the northern states it's a great time to have feeders out. Crossbills, siskins, redpolls, etc., all coming much further south than normal. Man I wish I still lived in Illinois.....

For the folks living in areas where they can't have a feeder (myself included, my apartment doesn't allow stuff like that), check out the Cornell FeederWatch cameras. They've got cameras set up in various places around the world and are very relaxing to watch - https://www.allaboutbirds.org/cams/cornell-lab-feederwatch/
I'd love to see a crossbill, though I think I'm living in an area that's too urban. A grosbeak would also be cool.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I've switched back to live mealworms now so using the window feeder again. This male is so daring. I can be stood about 2ft away and he'll come in. Really hoping he'll feed off my hand at some point. 1/8th speed.

View attachment IMG_8747.MP4

Emi248

Arachnoknight
I Used to feed the birds near my house, but I gave up since they preferred my dogs food.